ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airport Extreme

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well got myself an Apple Airport Extreme and set it up tonight.

With having virgin media the super hub was poor and i mean very poor to the point that if you walked out the livingroom you where down to either 1 bar on wi-fi or none.
Videos would not load even from youtube and there was nothing virgin could or would do as they said it was down to the walls in the house.

I got my Airport Extreme all set up and this is the speed i am getting via wi-fi in my bedroom where i could not get wi-fi before.

​Best upgrade i have ever done.

2781920440.png

Rav4
Mmmmmmmm thinking of getting this too.

I would then backup my macbook pro and mac min and what ever else, via this, to my Synology box, that would then replicate to the synology box at work.

So speed is a lot better, was setup easy? Can you do any funky stuff with it such as port forwarding?

Thanks,

​G.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
VM have released the Superhub 2. It's meant to be excellent. Just in case anyone else is thinking of doing similar.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
VM have released the Superhub 2. It's meant to be excellent. Just in case anyone else is thinking of doing similar.

Yeah i have seen this on the virgin media forum but existing customers do not get a free up-grade to the SH2, I would need to buy it but for the price i got the airport extreme and the fact everything i use is apple it would have been silly to pass it up.