ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm and immobiliser trouble

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Basically my alarm wont work. Its a Mk1 Ph3 RT. It's not standard, its one of the factory extra options I believe. The central locking, alarm and immobiliser are all connected into one. It is currently unlocked, well manually locked the doors but the alarm isn't set. The only trouble is that the immobiliser is on so it wont start.
Does anyone know a way of disabling the immobiliser, all I want to do is get it so it can start. I don't mind if the alarm and immobiliser wont start. I'm guessing it would cost me some ridiculous amount to be fixed by Renault. Any help and/or solutions would be very much appreciated.

The imobiliser is an ECU nopt alarm linked issue I'm sure. Try your other key.

There a few places offering to clear your key of an iomobiliser code so any key will start it so long as it turns the lock/they hot wire it but since it invalidates your insurance since your cars not safe its probaly best you don't go down that route.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
The other key wont work, its that when I unlock the car the immobiliser kicks in after 1 minute. Trouble is it wont unlock the car.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I don't know what the standard RT's have. If there was any way of fitting this or something.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
If i say got a clifford or similar alarm fitted would it sort this problem? would they remove the immobiliser so its would be fine again?

Nope the imobiliser is built into the ECU the alarm should have nothing to do with it.

Best idea is to remove the arms for starters

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Oh cool I wasn't sure if it was a typo. It's just that its the key fob plip thing that turns off the immobiliser. So if I took the alarm off would I still be able to sort out the immobiliser?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Cost £70 for sorting it at renault with a new chipboard reciever thing and programming. Just got to get the car there.