ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm beeping once set??

Clio Sport 182
The alarm on my car beeps three times wen i lock it sometimes? any1 else has this before?

Also wheres the best place to get a milltek system from for cost and fitting?

Cheers

Clio 182FF
Mine does it too and goes off a lot. Searched around on here and I still have no idea why it bloody does it. GAY ALARM.

Arctic Blue 182
I asked this question a few weeks back, and apparantly it bleeps when the interior sensors HAVENT activated.

You need to leave the car a few seconds after closing the doors before pressing to central lock it.

I think most people have this problem with the alarm. It has been discussed many times before.

I think the general consensus is that basically the alarm system is relatively slow to activate/deactivate. So locking the car too soon after turning off the ignition will make it beep 3 times as a warning. And opening the doors too soon after unlocking can cause the alarm to go off. Just make sure you leave a second or 2 pause. It's just something you have to get used to :)

Oh and I got my milltek from K-tec. Make sure you get the decat. Sounds great...

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
People say wait, but i have time to shut my car door, walk to my house, unlock the house door, get into the house then lock through the window, still does it sometimes.

Arctic Blue 182
Mine never bleeps twice in a row though, i.e if I lock it (get the bleeps), then unlock it, then lock it again.

Suppose its just one of those things!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I never have to unlock it when it bleeps, just leave it?

Arctic Blue 182
Ah right ok, well I normally relock it for peace of mind - if the interior sensors havent activated.

My "things to quote from on a daily basis because people can't search" file said:
The alarm is still receiving signals from the ECU telling it the ignition is still on. Usually happens if you switch off, get out and lock the car too quickly. The signal is only received by the alarm for a few seconds, hence why you get a few beeps.

It can only be resolved at a Renault dealer. Ask the dealer to contact the 'Renault alarm help line' and quote reference
'RS+15'.

Simples.

Renault did mine. I took them in the instructions and the guy at the service desk looked at me like I was mad. A quick call made him come back apologising and asking for my car key ;)

Clio 182FF
If I take my car to Renault they'll probably scratch it again or tell me that cup splitters don't exist (lol yep).

OEM Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
I've had this, and for those who have the alarm gping off time and time again, check your interior light, drives me crazy because they're so dim yet cause the alarm to go off