ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

alarm keeps going off as car thinks a door is being open when it isnt!

renault sport 172
Hello

Alittle while ago when i was driving i noticed the symbol on my dashboard indicating that a door was open came on along with the light on the ceiling, but all doors were firmly closed at this stage. it went off then a about ten mins later came on again. Later on when the car was parked and locked using the fob, my alarm started going off. Its like my car thinks that a door is being opened but theres not! I took it to a renault garage who hooked it up but couldnt find any faults. That was about a month ago and its just started to happen again, at 3'oclock this morning which didnt impress the neighbours!!

My questions are has anyone experienced this and also how can i lock it without using the fob? i tried to lock it using the button inside the car, then got out the passenger door as this is the only door with a key lock, but as soon as i opened the passenger door, it unlocked all the doors!

Aaarrgghh! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Have you tried locking it the old fashioned way with the lock in the door?

Sounds like a dodgy door switch...

172/1.2/E30
Dodgy door switch!

To Lock the car: keep passenger door open, hit the locking button in the car, get out through open passenger door, close and lock passenger door, Done!

Clio 182
double check the bonnet catch as this can also trigger a door being open, had mine beeping when trying the fib after tampering in engine bay, and open and close solved it straight away