ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm on PH1 172....

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just walked up to my car, ulocked it with the fob as usual and opened the door, which set the alarm off. Pressed the fob again thinking this would turn the alarm off but it didn't. After about a minute the alarm went off on it's own. So I locked the car and tried again, same thing happened. But after the alarm went off this time the button on the fob no longer worked to lock and unlock the car.

So I have left the car with the battery disconnected, as I'm at work.

Anyone have any ideas, spoke to an auto electrical guy on the phone, he didn't seem to think it would be something as simple as just a replacement battery, but he can't get out to look at it today.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can I dis-arm the alarm with the key in the lock? Turn the alarm off somehow under the bonnet?

Thanks.

Ed

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My alarm on my Phase 1 was a pain in the arse aswell mate, if you opened the door too quickly the thing went nuts, had to leave it 30 seconds then open and lock it then open it again, useless it was :(

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine was buggering about like this until it went all out and would not STFU one day !! Ended up changing the relay under the glovebox ( i think its the nearest one to the seat but you can double check by clicking the fob and feeling the relays ) from Renault, i think they were about £1.90.

Since changing that, it's been fine :)

Hope that helps...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cheers Evil, might try and do that at the weekend. Could you hear a clicking from under the glovebox when driving? just been out and connected the battery and touch wood it seems to be ok now. French electrics!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Clicking, yeah but not whilst actually driving, it was going mental the rest of the time though !

At least it isn't Italian :rasp:

bodied 172 Ph1
the alarms are crap to be honest, mine is silent, I've never heard it, having said that it's probably a good thing as it regularly goes off while I'm driving the car leaving people confused as to why my hazards are flashing!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
sounds like it's better off dis-connected and a decent steering lock.

If you had the stereo on Evil you probabbly wouldn't notice the clicking when driving, I didn't to start with.

Racing blue 182
mine does this also, ive got used to it now and just class it as one of her temper tantrums as she doesnt do it very often.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I replaced the relay, which seems to have sorted the alarm out but it's still clicking and try to lock and unlock itself once the igntion is on.

Auto-electrics job i think.

Vee 6
So what's the deal with these alarms, I've just got my car and i can see a LED down by the hazard switch, And 2 ultrasonics up on the "A" pillar trims.

But not much else, I haven't found a sounder yet. Or does it use the standard horn ?

Cheers.

PH1 172 Sport
The sounder is under the scuttle panel which is what causes most of the problems as it gets wet and shorts out. The actual alarms unit is under the passenger airbag.

Clio 182
Is there a fuse to disconnect the alarm / horn on the 182's?
Does anyone have a picture of where the horn is and how to remove it without causing further issues?

Clio 182
I had a look, wiper arms need bearing pullers to get off so couldnt remove skuttle panel to access siren. I just wondered if theirs a particular fuse / relay which would disconnect the alarm?

Is their a method of pressing the key fob repeatedly or combination to lock the car without alarm being turned on...?

I see theres a blue 15amp fuse under glove box for something (12v fag source?) ...