ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All new Mk5 Renault Clio

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah, it's fair to say inside the RS line branding is quite subtle with just the little diamond tags on the seats, steering wheel badge, and logo on the mats. I think that's probably a good thing though.

They are the upgraded full leather heated seats, seem comfy so far and do heat up quicker and better than the ones in our old Kadjar.
Wanna swap for mine? Lol

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
I have the 1.3 Auto RS Line after owning a 220 Trophy. As a daily it’s way more comfortable and easy to drive.

The seats are also more comfortable. The engine is very smooth as well as gear changes are silky smooth. The performance is reasonable. Whilst I appreciate it’s not a trophy on its own merits it’s a very good car.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I have the 1.3 Auto RS Line after owning a 220 Trophy. As a daily it’s way more comfortable and easy to drive.

The seats are also more comfortable. The engine is very smooth as well as gear changes are silky smooth. The performance is reasonable. Whilst I appreciate it’s not a trophy on its own merits it’s a very good car.
As much as I love the RS Line I think I'd miss the 330hp too much, although I don't use it that much when I do it's awesome to put the foot down. I've seen a 220 Trophy at Renault Retail a grand cheaper than the Mk5 so I'm going to make a call about that just to see what the monthlies will be compared to what I've been offered at Toomey for the RS Line.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

What's the mpg on that?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks pap compared to the new Peugeot 208.

My mate and his dad both have 2018 Pug 208’s, one being a GT and one a GTI and both have had no end of issues with them, pathetic tbh for what were both brand new cars. The GTI got returned to the dealer and got swapped for i30 N in the end. I would never ever consider a Pug in modern form, utter shite.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
As much as I love the RS Line I think I'd miss the 330hp too much, although I don't use it that much when I do it's awesome to put the foot down. I've seen a 220 Trophy at Renault Retail a grand cheaper than the Mk5 so I'm going to make a call about that just to see what the monthlies will be compared to what I've been offered at Toomey for the RS Line.
I fully understand that. I made a decision that one of my Renault Sports had to go and I have got too attached to my 172 to get rid. Sunk way too much money into it. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
Id like a drive of the 1.3 although the placement of the boot button ercks me & id like a sunroof [emoji53]
That is my biggest gripe, The boot button is not in a sensible place. The MK4 is better for this.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That's pretty standard for Renault to be honest. The cruise control/speed limiter button in the MK3 Meg is in a stupid place too.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
The cruise control/speed limiter button in the MK3 Meg is in a stupid place too.

At least they've solved this continual problem across the Renault range of putting this switch all over the place, usually where you wouldn't want it. They've finally put them on the steering wheel in the Mk 5.

Id like a drive of the 1.3 although the placement of the boot button ercks me & id like a sunroof [emoji53]

What's actually annoyed me more than the boot button placement, is the amount the boot then pops open after you press it. I might just have fat fingers, but would be nice if it popped open another few mm

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I know there’s the A110 but with Alpine now going to be the brand of Renault in F1 do we think the RS brand will change to Alpine for the hot Clio and Megane? Like what other manufacturers have done.