ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All This For Free = WIN (50+ Pics)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well i dry stored my mates VX for him the last few years and he was going to pay me for it but i said no, He then said he would fix my car for me so 1 year later the task was taken on.

I was away on holiday so dropped the car off to him to sort out while it was not being used and also so it was not sitting outside my house.

There was 3 main issues and with 2 of them being at the rear he done them before they got worse.

Since day 1 of owning the car there has always been a very bad dent on the rear quarter directly under that fuel cap. In the first load of pictures you will just be able to see this. The next issue was one which i think a pile load of clios suffer and that the rot at the back of the fuel cap.
As the dirt sits up the back of the wheel arch this causes the rot to work its way out. I would say that 7 out of the 10 clios i look at both friends who have them and randoms in the street this shows.

The next issue was the front jacking points that where totally bent that you would have thought they where never there, after 3 days on these alone he managed to get them all out and as straight as possible.

Now the photos are from his iPhone 3G so they are not the best and there is still some work to be carried out.

1, There needs to be a 1inch box steel pipe put into the jacking point - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ing-point-prevention&highlight=jacking+points

2, The 3 main rivets in the fuel cap are not the black ones that where there from the factory, Renault say its these large shinny ones (as pictured)

3, The rear bumper is coming back off tomorrow to clean the rear of the car and also clean the exhaust system and then re-fit the splash guards.

On the plus side the car has been fully undersealed using 3m body schutz black underseal, The sills have all been cleaned and under sealed also. The side skirts have been fully cleaned and put back on with new rivets and screws.

144.gif

145.gif

146.gif

147.gif

148.gif

150.gif

151.gif

153.gif

155.gif

156.gif

157.gif

158.gif

160.gif

162.gif

164.gif

166.gif

167.gif

170.gif

171.gif

174.gif

175.gif

177.gif

179.gif

180.gif

181.gif

182.gif

183.gif

184.gif

185.gif

186.gif

188.gif

189.gif

190.gif

191.gif

192.gif

194.gif

195.gif

196.gif

197.gif

198.gif

199.gif

200.gif

201.gif

203.gif

204.gif

205.gif

206.gif

207.gif

208.gif

168.gif

210.gif

211.gif

212.gif

213.gif

214.gif

215.gif

216.gif

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Nice resto mate. Great getting niggles sorted!

No lacquer used?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there is lacquer mate, Used water base paint. Was all bought from Carlack

Excellent. I know a lot go Solvent/Solid colour with clear binder. Better colour match but wrong paint.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks brilliant and top job

Easily one of the best Trophy's here. Means you have a space free :p

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Not getting the jacking points done for a few weeks as we are going to use a ramp and im going to powder coat the 1inch box steel tube.

Been on the hunt for the correct rivets for the fuel filler neck as the silver ones