ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

All Time Low

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Going to keep a log of what she costs me during our time together.

Car: £350
Text Check: £3
Petrol: £15 (was completely empty and light has not yet come on.)
2 Part warn tyres: £30 fitted and balanced. (2 were illegal).

Miles: 98.
Total: £398.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Its better, and probably cheaper these days, than getting the bus. For a short term car its fine.

My commute on public transport would include a 45 min bus ride, 10 min walk, 30 min train ride and then a 25 min walk and that doesn't include waiting for buses/trains. I think it would cost about £50/£60 a week, so the Matiz has got to be better than that!

I assume it sounds like a lawnmower?

More like a sewing machine, my petrol lawnmower sounds far more aggressive.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I would rather walk.There must be better for what you paid.They look like a disabled buggy.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I would rather walk.There must be better for what you paid.They look like a disabled buggy.

50 miles a day? I can handle it for 3 weeks I think, girlfriend is not overly keen on it though.

Go on then Ian, find something with 6 month Tax and Test that has nothing wrong with it mechanically for £350. 15 miles from WF16 aswell please (not prepared to travel any further to look at something that is potentially a heap of sh1te. I spent a week or so looking and this is the best I can do.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Gave her a service at the weekend. Driving it to my parents house to use the ramps was the first time I've been in it in daylight, I could have done with a paper bag!

IMG00582-20120114-1222.jpg

Petrol: £90
Service items: £25 delivered.

Miles: 755
Total: £498.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
LOL. I love it.

(Going on the price you bought and sold the Beemer, this is technically a free car is it not?) ;)

I'll do you a good price on it, £350 and she can be yours!

I didn't lose any money on the BMW, was a lovely car and I really miss it.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
looks like im going this same way, corsa c, focus rs, clio trophy, van got rid quickly, b/g 182 and now some piece of crap lies ahead. lmao at the paper bag comment.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Cracked the 1000 mile barrier this morning in the Matiz, she might be sticking around a bit longer too. I pick my 182 up tomorrow but my girlfriend's car was written off on Friday so I'll either let her drive the 182 or hand her the keys to the Matiz.

She makes a good van too, the back seats fold completely flat.

IMG00607-20120122-1401.jpg

Petrol: £120

Miles: 1068
Total: £528.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
50 miles a day? I can handle it for 3 weeks I think, girlfriend is not overly keen on it though.

Go on then Ian, find something with 6 month Tax and Test that has nothing wrong with it mechanically for £350. 15 miles from WF16 aswell please (not prepared to travel any further to look at something that is potentially a heap of sh1te. I spent a week or so looking and this is the best I can do.

I couldn't care less.I'd rather douse myself in petrol...you obviously lived beyond your means and should have got you priorities straight first...lol

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I couldn't care less.I'd rather douse myself in petrol...you obviously lived beyond your means and should have got you priorities straight first...lol

I don't understand? How have I lived beyond my means? My priorities have simply changed. I've downgraded from a BMW to a 182 so the I can free up some cash and improve my house. The house doesn't need doing but as a designer I want to put my own stamp on it. The only debt I have ever had in my life is my mortgage. I rented a penthouse apartment after uni and saved enough money to put a 15% deposit down on my house at 23, I could have blown it on a 911 and still live at "home". Every car I have owned I have bought with cash. I have had a bit of luck with jobs but I certainly don't think I have lived beyond my means, I would consider myself to be careful with money.

The Matiz is a bit of a laugh, I don't take myself too seriously. It was cheaper than hiring a car and I can sell the Matiz on or cash it in for scrap.

Last edited:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Really hope your trolling.

Love the matiz. Theres something fantastic about truly s**t cars.

I don't think he's trolling, just don't think he has read the full thread. It really is a terrible car but it amazes me every time it starts first time, I don't really drive it with much sympathy either.

I suppose thats half the joy, that you can buy a car and run it all for 50p a mile is lunacy but it means you can treat it like dirt and not feel bad.

Once had a slightly newer matiz as a rental a few years back - joining the a1 from a service station we were dangerously slow coming onto the carriadgeway, told my friend who was driving he had better floor it, he replied with "i was and am". Fond memories.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I suppose thats half the joy, that you can buy a car and run it all for 50p a mile is lunacy but it means you can treat it like dirt and not feel bad.

Once had a slightly newer matiz as a rental a few years back - joining the a1 from a service station we were dangerously slow coming onto the carriadgeway, told my friend who was driving he had better floor it, he replied with "i was and am". Fond memories.

Hah, that sounds about right. It does 90 though, she just needs a bit of a run up.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
The Matiz is out of action now as I got a 182 yesterday, she will be on ebay later this evening.

Petrol: £135

Miles: 1208
Total: £543.

Audi S3 Saloon
Ha, I knew you couldn't last long driving that heap!

Glad you're getting the house sorted!

Am still loving the Bimmer, getting the seat bolster repaired soon.

Also fitted some new repeaters as the old ones were pretty discoloured...

86f7881d.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I had agreed to buy the 182 before I bought the Matiz, she was only temporary.

I bet those side repeaters have made a big difference, will really freshen it up.