ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy wheel cleaner

i sometines use my jetspray but u then get the water deflecting off a surface and into ur face which isnt as fun as it may sound 2 sum

Wonder Wheels works great, but dont use it too often, its quite harsh on the paint finish. Polish the wheels after & theyll look like new, helps keep the brake dust from sticking to them too.

I send the wife out to clean them, and at the same time she does the whole car. I have it made !!!!

All the best

John V6

My wife stopped cleaning her car when she got pregnant, that was 4 years ago and Ive been doing it ever since, doh! (she cleans the kids though - much worse!)

Weeman sucks ****

I used to use Wonder Wheels but now use COMMA wheel cleaner, its much better and you get a little kit with the spray. Superb.

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 08 August 2003

I tried Wonder Wheels. It is good but it made my nuts turn black:cry:

sounds nasty......but I dont think your supposed to drink it;)

Clio v6

I dont drink it I rub it in with that nice brush that comes with it. OK so it tickles a bit to. :-

I have the standard alloys on my 172 mk2 and I find the inner edge of the spokes if quite sharp, cut myself a few times cleaning them. Wish there was a way of cleaning behind the spokes easily without having to take the wheels off?

BrynO, my wife lets her car get into a right state, shes got an excuse now because shes pregnant, but I always seem to end up cleaning it (although it doesnt get the same treatment as the 172 ;))

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 08 August 2003

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 08 August 2003

I tried Wonder Wheels. It is good but it made my nuts turn black:cry:
I know exactly what you mean, ive already repainted my nuts once!

Did you do them both the same colour? :-

Its a slippery slope Chris, wifes previous excuse for not washing the car was she could not reach the roof (Alfa 145 breadvan), so I got her a stool for Christmas! Before you know it she will be telling you she cant cut the lawn either!

Lee

BMW M2C

I used to use Turtle Wax extreme wheels but its not better than soap and water. Now Im using a product called Sheet Clean which is sold to clean the tarpaulin on the sides of lorries. Its also sold in large quantities to local BMW and Merc dealers to be diluted and used to clean alloys. Its the best stuff Ive ever used. Really lifts the crap off and doesnt rely on strong acid like the Turtle Wax.

Meguairs Hot Rims - spray on - let sit a while - hose off.

Good quality motorcycle wheel cleaner, like P21S or S100 from Harley dealers.

Orange cleaner (citric acid) for worktops and general stuborn stains works a treat on alloys, used to use Autoglym alloy cleaner but this is just as good

I use Car Brite Alloy Wheel Cleaner. I have also got Car Brite Back to Black and Car Wax. Top quality stuff. I dont think it easy to get mind.

Ive been using that turtle was spray. Found it works pretty damned well, and the tyre shine stuff is good too.

Rhys

I find children are particularly good. Their little hands can get in all the little gaps. Just make sure you unchain them before you drive off. Ill never make that mistake again, took me a week to clean the blood off the drive.

Clio 1.6 16V

I normally use Autoglym. Apply with a brush and leave for 10 mins and hose off. I also use Autoglym Super Gloss polish on my standard 172 wheels, so the brake kak doesnt stick the same to the wheels.

Alfa Mito 155TB

I use wonder wheels in a 99p spray bottle...spray it on then use the brush...leave it to soak then wash off... :)

Skoda Fabia vRS

i use Zymol wheel cleaner, its not a harsh acid like usual so wont attack your wheels while its cleanin em

its fairly expensive but its good stuff, seems to be lastin longer than the Auto Glym / Turtle Wax so thats good too........