ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Wheel Sealant

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
After their cleaned, I gather an incredible amount of brake dust all over the alloys, just wondering if there was a sealant I could apply after cleaning to reduce this build up... if so any suggestions?

Cheers

db

db detailing™
You cant stop the build-up of brake dust and the like but you can help it not bond to the wheels so it washes off easily with just soapy water.
I use Poorboys Wheel Sealant topped with Chemical Guys Blitz spray sealant and then a durable wax like Collinite 476 etc etc
That should help you mate, especially if you add more than one layer of each.

Darren

Do I need to post? No, but I like to.

Interesting that you use CGB over PBWS Darren. Nout wrong with it, just I go straight to a wax.

x

Agreed.

Standard for me is SRP, PBWS, 476.

Unless it is a full cut back, in which case, Scratch X, SRP by machine, PBWS then 476.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just srp and PBWS ran out a couple of weeks back so i've been using the 476 lol.

I'm a pikey! Lights-476 Glass-476 Body-476 Wheels-476 Tyres- lols just kidding.

db

db detailing™
Do I need to post? No, but I like to.

Interesting that you use CGB over PBWS Darren. Nout wrong with it, just I go straight to a wax.

x

What can I say? I love the stuff! :eek:

Megane R26
The Poorboys stuff is a PITA to use and isn't all that anyway.

Look at Optimum Opti Seal which will easily outlast it, and is wipe on walk away.

Scrub them up with SRP or similar first, if needed. Using a 'wax' isn't the best idea, as like with car paint, it won't repel like a good sealant will.

The Poorboys stuff is a PITA to use and isn't all that anyway.

Look at Optimum Opti Seal which will easily outlast it, and is wipe on walk away.

Scrub them up with SRP or similar first, if needed. Using a 'wax' isn't the best idea, as like with car paint, it won't repel like a good sealant will.

Only just worked out what PITA stands for!

Not heard of or used Optimum Opti Seal Russ, any links?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd heart you back if you were nearer ;)

God this is such a spam fest in this section lol!
Admin are scared of the TBM so they don't come in!

I know why your post count is so high biatch!

Anyway I love wheel sealent*

*Not spamming