ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine 9855

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Anyone seen this headunit yet?

Im guessing it sits below the 9835 in the model range going on price, but above the 9833 etc?

A review would be great?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Yeah, and price wise the 9835 is more expensive than the 9855, which makes me think it replaces the 9833 same as r-jay.

106 GTi

I picked up the lastest 2005 cat, last week when I was getting some prices for the ipod adapater for my 9833. They no longer list it 9833, but the 9835 is in there still, with the 9855 below it?

Cocopops,

the 9853 retails at £299 & is now available n its the replacement for the 9833, cheaper cos alpine have reduced all their prices. The 9855 is the new top of the range which will retail for £399 n replace the 9835.

What is the big difference between the 9853 and 9855 then ? £100 difference in price, so what do you get for that £100 ?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

9855 blurb
The CDA-9855 is simply the best of the SwingFace series, with premium advantages such as a crisp and clear Biolite display, and multi-color illumination so you can choose between 512 different colors to compliment your dash! While playing your music, you can set the background animation you desire. Innovative features such as the newly introduced, GlideTouch mechanism allows you to select your songs through simple glide movements and touch confirmation from your finger.

With Bass Engine Pro, you get 6-band channel digital time correction, 6-band parametric EQ and more, plus the ability to download sound settings using Alpines i-Personalize feature.

9853 blurb
Introducing the revolutionary head unit, the CDA-9853, with an easy to use GlideTouch interface. As your finger glides across the bar, you can make simple selections, just glide your way through and touch to confirm. Hook up the iPod and control your tunes with fluid GlideTouch response You get 6-band channel digital time correction, 5-band parametric EQ and more, plus the ability to download sound settings using Alpines i-Personalize feature. This unit is OEM Steering Remote Ready so you can still control your head unit conveniently from your steering wheel. (3rd party adaptor required).