ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine/column remote - how?

struggling a little and wondered if anyone could provide a definitive answer to a couple of Qs

i've got an Alpine CDE101RM and have tried the Auotleads (PC99X12/ALP); the remote controls will work, but there's seemingly no permanent live connection, so i'm losing everything as the ign's switched off. don't want to wire the HU up to a permanent live, and don't want to start rewiring the Autoleads loom.

lots of threads on this - some say they work, some say they don't.

i'm wondering - what are the other *working* options? does anyone have the part numbers/recent prices for the Alpine leads? and are there any other aftermarket leads that *definitely* work?

thanks

thanks for that; can i ask - have you used them on a car with the same loom as the 172 Cup, and did they retain the radio's memory? just want to be absolutely sure before mail ordering anything

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I have a 'connects2' lead set for my Cup from one of the guys on here who sells audio leads.....its for my alpine iDA-X001 and works great, I've never lost the presets, the stalk works well and my dash display (where the temp/time is) says Renault incase I forget what I'm driving....:rasp:

Got it from this chap: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/member.php?u=24593 give him a PM!

I've got the CTSRN003 kit, with the CTALPINELEAD 'accessory' but it may not be exactly the same for your head unit depending on the output connector type.....if you tell him which unit you have he'll supply the right one for you....

And they are a bit cheaper than audioleads, around £30ish inc postage. Came in a couple of days too.

Rob

Clio
1: Have you checked that the two yellow permanent live wires haven't become separated on the Alpine loom?
2: Have you checked that the fuse hasn't blown in the fuse block while you were fitting the remote adaptor
3: Autoleads for reasons only known to themselves based their first looms for the renault stalk controls on the vauxhall loom. unfortunately the vauxhall loom has the permanent live and the ingitian live swapped so you should check this by tracing the red and yellow wires of the autoleads connector from one plug to the other and see if they swap pins in the second block.
4: If its number 3 swap the wires in the alpine loom to compensate. Red to yellow, yellow to red!

1: Have you checked that the two yellow permanent live wires haven't become separated on the Alpine loom?
2: Have you checked that the fuse hasn't blown in the fuse block while you were fitting the remote adaptor
3: Autoleads for reasons only known to themselves based their first looms for the renault stalk controls on the vauxhall loom. unfortunately the vauxhall loom has the permanent live and the ingitian live swapped so you should check this by tracing the red and yellow wires of the autoleads connector from one plug to the other and see if they swap pins in the second block.
4: If its number 3 swap the wires in the alpine loom to compensate. Red to yellow, yellow to red!

hmm.. i thought about swapping the yellow/red leads on the Alpine loom (but didn't try it) - wouldn't that make the unit permanent live? got to pop out now, but may have another play tomorrow - don't want it permanent live, as i'm bound to leave it on and flatten the battery at some point

BMW M135i
thanks for that; can i ask - have you used them on a car with the same loom as the 172 Cup, and did they retain the radio's memory? just want to be absolutely sure before mail ordering anything
Yep, used them in my 1.2, 1.6 and 172 no problems at all, and as long as the headunit loom is configured right as to the ignition and permanent lives you'll have no problem with the memory.

cliocc has provided all the info you need,you dont need to buy another one!
renault seemed from one day to the next as to which of the 2 wires was permanent and igniton-same as all peugeot or citroen-its a french thing ;)

this works now, having swapped the yellow/red in the Alpine loom - it's not perm. live either; i thought it looked as though it'd do that

thanks for the advice

sorry; more

i've noticed that the clock backlighting's much dimmer than it used to be now it's all back together - and there's a faint 'bloom' to the left-hand-side of the display.

it dims further when the sidelights are switched on (as it should).

any ideas what i've done here?

did you fit the one where you removed dash?there are 2 bulbs in back of clock.either knocked it or just gone pop,replacement at worst