ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Dilemma

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok which one:

CDA-9833R £379

Or

CDA-9835R £479

They "seem" to be simlar spec but with the 9835 having the nicer screen.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

the more expensive one looks better and has a few more features doesnt it. id go for that one if you can afford it.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Same as Craigs thoughts.

£100 for a better screen? Think Id save the £100 really.

its like the old 9813 vs 9815 decision !! I chose the 9813 mainly because of price, but also because it had all the features minus the screen !!

FUKIN SPAM FILTER AAARRRGHHHH

craig - in response to the 9813 vs 9815 debate

it was very noticeable to hear the difference between the two units, although the spec was identicle with the exception of the screen, there were various minor changes that made the 9815 an altogether better unit

im quite confident this is the case with the 9833 vs 9835, im going to be having a play with all the new units on saturday morning when im back at work, and ill see what differences (if any) there are

IMHO i could have justified buying the 9815 over the 9813, and i dont care about apearance and features

:confused: i was mislead by alpine propaganda !! Whats the difference then ? thinkin nakamichi (sp) soon anyway, heard lots of praise for them, and whats the point in having an ampd HU when your gonna amp front comps anyway :D

Nakamichi all the way - CD700i :D

a majority of the internals were modified, making the sound on the whole quiter but more focused with regards to SQ

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

Tom,

Can I ask why you would go with the Alpine HU over the Nakamichi which you specd out late last year? I realise you have a different car but just interested in your thoughts, as Im trying to find a new HU myself. Too bad I cant find any Nakamichi Distributors/Retailers in NZ :(

bambam - since you seem to be such a wealth of knowledge when in comes to ICE - can I pick your brains over the same question? - what would be better the Aplines as mentioned by Tom or the Nack 400

Nak 400z easily better

700i a little better than that, but then you get into silly money

Nak is complete audiophille ice

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by rolly on 16 April 2004

Tom,

Can I ask why you would go with the Alpine HU over the Nakamichi which you specd out late last year? I realise you have a different car but just interested in your thoughts, as Im trying to find a new HU myself. Too bad I cant find any Nakamichi Distributors/Retailers in NZ :(

bambam - since you seem to be such a wealth of knowledge when in comes to ICE - can I pick your brains over the same question? - what would be better the Aplines as mentioned by Tom or the Nack 400

Its finding a balance between sq and functionality thats the problem Nak simply dont offer enough for my needs

Ive started using mp3/wma more recently plus i really like the idea of keeping the std display and stalk (the alpines now support both) Nak is ultimate sq. but thats not enough for me.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 16 April 2004

Ive started using mp3/wma more recently plus i really like the idea of keeping the std display and stalk (the alpines now support both) Nak is ultimate sq. but thats not enough for me.
bloody typical, the sony marketing gurus have got you now too ;)

functions on 99% of head units are pointless, just give me a well balanced unit with a volume dial and ill be happy, pure sq :D

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

im in a similar boat atm, i want a new headunit, and can get the 9833 for 220 ... was gonna go for a tv headunit but to much of a hassle, will see what i can get the 9835 for as it looks damn fine :D

i would love a nak, have they started doing the mp3 units yet ??? what model is the 6 disc version ??? oh and does it have an internal amp or is it gonna need me to get a new amp for my fronts ?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

arnt cel normally import units.. ????

thus no uk warrentee?

i just ordered my new head unit, got the 9835 :D

tom about ur pm, im speaking to him again later and he is gonna see what he can do...

oh btw i payed 150 :D

MaLicE do you fancy doing some of us others a favour and get some HU at those v.nice price. :D go on you know you wana. Make yourself some ££ aswell.

Without having looked at them, i have always used the phillosopy(sp) buy the best available, everythime i havent ive been dissapointed and upgraded wihtin a few years, take my current pc, brough a state of the art pc wiht a 3 gig cpu well over a year ago, and its still up there in the top several pcs available (i think), but like my 6x9s i brought them on an impulse, and i was skint, the money would have been much better spent on some components, now im replacing all the ICE i brought wiht quality, expensive stuff, all cept the HU, which was one of the best i coudl find, as as a result i paid £300 for it over a year ago, was one of the few around wiht mp3 support, havent regretted the HU, but all the speakers i brough were cack, and cheap.

I know its not cheap to begin with, but my advice is buy the best, and then u;ltimatly youll be happiest wiht it.

Just my for pennys worth.

Rant over!

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5

Thanks Tom and bambam, Sorry bambam, but I think I go with Tom on this one as I want stalk control and Display, or there is no point in changing my HU.

Cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Got the 9833 in the end.

Top unit. same spec as the 9835. (some things are actually better)