ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Steering Wheel Control

Clio
I have just installed my Alpine UTE 72-BT in my car using this fitting kit:
https://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/ren...-kit-fascia-steering-control-aerial-keys.html

Which includes the steering stalk adapter, and the alpine patch lead.
I have attached everything properly and all is working except the steering wheel control. Is there something I'm unaware of that I should have done during the installation to make it work?

This is my adapter, with the patch lead connected.
2agkza0.jpg

The configuration assignments state that Link J2 needs to be disconnected and on my picture it looks like it's still attatched. Does anyone know if I need to disconnect it or if it will have already been done? I've put everything in the car now and can't remember what it looked like.
14ubdvl.jpg

The instructions them self state that it is compatible with vehicles fitted with vdo update list original head units, in clios dated 2002-2007 which mine is.

Thanks for help guys, could really do with it.

Clio
Apologies guys, I've just read that the supplied lead is a CTMULTILEAD.2 and isn't Alpine specific (obviously it is multi) and that the green wire needs removing (or cut) so I'll try this tomorrow when it's light again (and I can be bothered to take the dash off again) and let you know if it works.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Apologies guys, I've just read that the supplied lead is a CTMULTILEAD.2 and isn't Alpine specific (obviously it is multi) and that the green wire needs removing (or cut) so I'll try this tomorrow when it's light again (and I can be bothered to take the dash off again) and let you know if it works.
Absolutely right, I bought this exact same lead a month ago and I cut the green lead and it worked first time.
There is still a small chance that your car didnt have an update list originally or a tuner list. Annoyingly both tuner and update list had their own steering control.

Clio
I just assumed it was Alpine specific since DynamicSounds asked me to specify which patch lead I required, if only I'd read the instructions properly first.

And I was too impatient to wait until tomorrow, so I went out and cut the wire, and all is working!
I've had the dash off earlier today to try and put the wires somewhere out the way but it's so tight behind the head unit, I had to practically force the head unit in, is there a tidier way of storing the wires?

Thanks again.

Mariusz

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver 182 FF
Hi, sorry to hijack the thread but I've got the same head unit and leads using the link above and having the same issue with the steering controls not working, but I haven't got the same instructions you have. I've been sent a connects 2 CTSRN005.2 unit. Doesn't mention anything about cutting cables and I specifically ordered an Alpine patch lead.

Clio
As I understand the CTSRN005.2 is the actual steering control adapter, and my CTMULTILEAD.2 was the patch lead that got supplied. What patch lead came with your order?