ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 EPAS problem.

MattJackson82

ClioSport Club Member
I’m having an issue with the EPAS steering on my 182 track car, the car has EPAS column with variable controller, the rack is the original 182 rack fitted with a quick rack kit, also a roll centre correction installed, I went to Cadwell on Wednesday for the day & steering was perfect for 5 or 6 laps then it will completely loose the assistance, it’s like you’ve switched it off, come into pits let it stand & cool down for 20 min then it’s good for another 5 or 6 laps, this cycle was repeated all day, seems to me like the motor was s overheating or something, any ideas gents??

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I’m having an issue with the EPAS steering on my 182 track car, the car has EPAS column with variable controller, the rack is the original 182 rack fitted with a quick rack kit, also a roll centre correction installed, I went to Cadwell on Wednesday for the day & steering was perfect for 5 or 6 laps then it will completely loose the assistance, it’s like you’ve switched it off, come into pits let it stand & cool down for 20 min then it’s good for another 5 or 6 laps, this cycle was repeated all day, seems to me like the motor was s overheating or something, any ideas gents??
I assume you've played around with the controller? Occasionally mine would switch off and the steering would go stiff. Funnily enough, the first time it happened was at the top of coppice, just turning into Charlies 🤯

I found the vibration was moving the controller switch just enough to switch it off, so I move the dial to a lighter setting and it was fine after that.

I've heard when the motors start to go they can also switch in and out.

MattJackson82

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’ve played around with the adjuster & that works as it should when it’s working & doesn’t do anything when it gives up, I’m pretty confident the adjuster is working ok, it’s like the motor gets hot & gives up.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I’ve played around with the adjuster & that works as it should when it’s working & doesn’t do anything when it gives up, I’m pretty confident the adjuster is working ok, it’s like the motor gets hot & gives up.
It sounds like it could be the motor then. Mine was fine all day and I did 6-8 track days a year.