ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine vs Pioneer

right, spose i better order it then.

Does anyone know if the stalk adapters are Dash Off to fit, or if they plug in at the HU end for the alpines?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i have a 9833 from back in 2002 or 3 still going strong, LOVE it, only a few headunits i would change it for... and they are all high end new units...

Skoda Fabia vRS

ive got a 9812RR and they still have them alongside the current range, very well specd head unit

i dont plan on changing it for at least another year, if not 2-3+, and ive already had it 2 years now

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Alpine, I have the 9853.. had it for a while now.. had a chance to get used to everything, the glidetouch doesnt bother me in the slightest and I have loved every minute of it so far.

Quality unit thats for sure, and perfect sound reproduction even from my crappy mp3s ;)

A well built VW

Im sure the pioneer is a dash off job as im half way through mine at the mo , cant comment on the alpine but im sure it will e the same

E91 M Sport

Fubar, Ive been through a lot of headunits, and Ive currently got that Alpine 9853 - the glide touch is ok, but a little bit pointless....the rest of it is pure class. I used to think Sony was worth the money, until I heard the pure capability of the Alpine units, theyre so clear, the imaging is incredible. After hearing mine, my g/f wanted one too for her Matiz. It sounded 10x better than the Sony it replaced (this was on standard speakers).

So my recommendation is Alpine :D

i bought the alpine unit today with both adapters...

thanks for all your comments, it really helped me make a decision.

/Dan.

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by 13usta on 02 August 2005

what does that glide touch thing do exactly? Move to different parts of folders/Track listings/tracks?
Its for navigating the menu system - only difference to normal buttons is that you can scroll to the end and get more options...sort of.

Folders / tracks are still accessed via the standard buttons on the left.

ALPINE all the way!!!

Its like comparing a CTR to a 182 - both very good but the 182 (alpine) is always going to win!

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 02 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by 13usta on 02 August 2005

what does that glide touch thing do exactly? Move to different parts of folders/Track listings/tracks?
Its for navigating the menu system - only difference to normal buttons is that you can scroll to the end and get more options...sort of.

Folders / tracks are still accessed via the standard buttons on the left.

Thats useless....wouldve been good if you could "glide" to different parts of the track that is being played