ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alternatives to the V6

Renault ChaVio

Just wondering what would be 2nd choice to the V6, or first choice if you dont really like them, or had one and got rid of it.

For around £20k or less there are some decent cars – without giving it too much thought I came up with these:
• Boxster
• M3
• M Coupe
• Maserati 3200
• Trophy

All pretty fast cars. Not keen on the EVOs and the like but Im sure someone else will be.

What would you take and why?

Audi TT I think Id try and take I love the shape I know its not a bla bla bla but I just love the looks and Ive got a quick track car for when I want a car which handles. However I dont think i fit in a Audi TT easily (Im 64 and a bit) so Im not sure.

If I carried on with my present driving it would have to be a 330d BMW.

If I did less miles Integra R Dc5 or a Focus RS

So if I had £20k but the V6 didnt exist...

1) Integra Type R DC5

2) Megane 225 Trophy

3) Vauxhall Monaro 5.7 V8

4) Mazda RX-8

5) Nissan 350Z

Renault ChaVio

sorry, i cant believe i double posted it - must be losing my mind. ill be buying a £20k clio next!

Mars Red Clio V6 255

i had the m coupe before i got my v6, and to be honest the m coupe is so much better, faster ,better built, better to drive, better interior, and what an engine 0-60 4.3, 325 bhp need i say more.

Mars Red Clio V6 255

had to sell the m coupe, cos i needed the money for a deposit for a flat, so sold it and got the 182, and then saved up and got the v6 aswell as i always wanted one, thought about going back to the m coupe but i want one with dsc as those things are dangous and dsc only comes on the post 2001 m coupe and they are still £25k+.

Not trying to be rude Kieron, but if you feel the M Coupe needs DSC so badly that youd dare not buy one without it Id suggest going to a drift day or getting some advanced driving tuition. Ive overcome DSCs on more cars than I can remember and when you crash you cant just say it was the DSCs fault so it always helps to be able to cope on your own. Having done several thousand miles in a new Dodge Viper SRT-10 which barely has working ABS, you realise that when the slide is on a calculator isnt much use!!

As for what car....definitely a TVR Griffith 500, the best driving(although not in the wet) car they ever made and half reliable as TVR Power had just about worked out what an engine was by the end of the production run.

1.6 16v clio priv

Id love an obsidian black subaru impreza wrx sti.

With the 2.5 litre 550bhp engine upgrade, and then a custom built powerflow full system twin exit exhaust with a decat.

Apparently does 0-60 in around 3.5 seconds.

Fast as f**k looks mint. Sounds amazing

Could get the lot done for just over 20k. Apparently the decat adds about 25% power so were talking about 700bhp

If only I wasnt 19 and could afford the insurance.

Norwich wont even insure me on a 2 litre clio till im 21.

Clio Cup

Get one of the old TVRs, the ones after the wedges before the grenades. Those cars were class and didnt have the halfords body kit look to them is well.

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Quote: Originally posted by ant_v6 on 05 September 2005

Anyone driven the Boxster?
I havent driven one, but all the reviews think that they are spot on. However, for the money that you have to spend youd only be able to afford the 2.7 which is even slower than the V6.