ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Always when you put it up for sale.

Typically, just as I advertise my Clio for sale, it develops a fault which I will have to rectify before it goes.

When pulling up to stop, pulling away, I have what I can only describe as a creaking noise coming from the front (o/s I think). I also notice this when reversing whilst turning to the left.

The car has aftermarket suspension although I do have standard suspension in a box in the shed.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? It is not affecting the drive/handling of the car just now.

Thanks

330 Ci
Could be the steering column shroud expanding in the hot weather - makes a creaking noise. Mine does this and theres not a right lot you can do about it tbh - Wrong materials choice by renault.

Orrr maybe your Suspension mounts are on their way out?

1.5dci
my steering column was creaking over easter, mum heard it and said spray household polish stuff in there, haven't tried it though, has anyone else ever?
Apparently she was told be a friend who'd done it and then tried it in the showgun and it sorted the problem out

Lotus Exige, 182
I had something like this happen, just after changing the ball joints. It was solved by:

(i) lots of grease into the front anti roll bar bushes
(ii) grease on the suspension platforms
(iii) grease on the steering column

If it comes back, the first thing I will do is change the anti roll bar bushes.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Anti roll bar bush mate, you can get them new from Ebay for about £7 or I got mine from UniPart for £8 sameday.

I can provide you with a guide if you're thinking of changing it yourself.