ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I doing something wrong?....

clio 182
Hi i'm trying to sell my 182 on here, its a good clean straight car with a full ticket and most of the usual 182 faults sorted.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=494233

Its also listed on the dreaded ebay and also on piston heads. I'm a little confused as I've had very little interest so far, I know its only been for sale for a week but ive barely had a sniff other than from a dealer who offered pennies for it.

I just wanted to ask you guys if there is something wrong with the ad, the way its worded, pics etc or it is just a case of trying to sell at the wrong time with money being tight?

Any views appreciated

Cheers
Steve

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hi i'm trying to sell my 182 on here, its a good clean straight car with a full ticket and most of the usual 182 faults sorted.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=494233

Its also listed on the dreaded ebay and also on piston heads. I'm a little confused as I've had very little interest so far, I know its only been for sale for a week but ive barely had a sniff other than from a dealer who offered pennies for it.

I just wanted to ask you guys if there is something wrong with the ad, the way its worded, pics etc or it is just a case of trying to sell at the wrong time with money being tight?

Any views appreciated

Cheers
Steve

Probably a few reasons---

* Mileage-- any 182 over 70k is difficult to sell & prices drop off @ a sharp tangent- there are cars going for that price with 50k on the clock- why would a potential buyer purchase yours over another lower mileage car-
Just 2 mins on pistonheads reveals a glut of cars on that mileage for the same price that would be local to another buyer & for 5k theres a plethera of cars that are superior in terms of mileage-

* Location-- Scotland-- not everyone wants to travel a long way unless its a really sought after car-& Scotland isnt that central to most-

* Time of year-- not ideal, another month or so before things really start to pick up-

* no cup Splitter---

These are the main reasons-
Looking at glasses thats around 3.5 trade & very low 4's private- forecourt a smidge under 5k

S

clio 182
Sadly not a lot i can do about the milage or my location!

Is the price fair? I thought so. ive seen some right sheds with no belts done etc for around same maybe a bit less money.

Cheers for the input!

Steve

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Sadly not a lot i can do about the milage or my location!

Is the price fair? I thought so. ive seen some right sheds with no belts done etc for around same maybe a bit less money.

Cheers for the input!

Steve

your asking for an honest answer its to expensive-- looking at the pic I think im looking at a standard spoiler non cup as well-

that will make around 4k on Ebay probably 4.2/4.3 private-

Steve

clio 182
It's also perhaps not very positive to imply that they have lots of problems as standard.

But surely anyone who is looking to buy one will have researched the usual faults that are associated with the car, I have merely stated these have been sorted. hmm maybe a bit of rewording is in order....

I think the price is fair. I got 4 large for my Inferno Cup on PX, without belts, and in less than cherished condition.

But surely anyone who is looking to buy one will have researched the usual faults that are associated with the car, I have merely stated these have been sorted. hmm maybe a bit of rewording is in order....

Yeah but it will also put off the casual buyer IMO. Like you say, a reword would work :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

NO--- Never assume that--

Despite what you may think ( there are a minority that are 'experts/enthusiasts')

joe soap still works on the age old questions

Number of owners
Mileage
Service History
& what it looks like to the naked eye-

Thats why so many people join here having bought a clio 182 wondering what the options are & have they got them.....

Cup packs?... Cup cakes.... who cares if your joe public- If you get a buyer from pistonheads they may be more clued up, if its Autotrader its a lottery-

S

'Maintained regardless of cost' would sound better than 'all the shitty, poorly engineered bits have been fixed until they break again'.

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Price seems more than fine to me, hold out mate, don't let anyone put it down either looks a nice motor.

good luck :)

clio 182
Cheers guys for all the advice, it ends on the bay tomorrow, if it doesnt sell the I will "re-engineer" the ad and stick it back on.

Steve