ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Am I gay for wanting a RS-1??

Golf GTI 1.8T
well I've decided to start saving for something new. I say something cos I would really love a new bike but come winter when I have enough money my mind will be set on a car lol.

anyways yeah so I said to my workmate today that I want a new car, I want a 172.
he was like youve got a gay, girly shitty reno, why would you want to buy another one. cos hes had some pretty nice cars ie. m3, mr2, LCR and now looking for a new M3, hes was like why dont you get a nice car...a Golf GTi or simialr. maybe something jap.

jap sports cars really dont do it for me and I cant drive anything that looks old, just have a right thing cars like that! eww

so the question stands, I really like the RS-1, think it has more character thant he 2's but am I just wanting one because that all I've really driven and I like being within this club?

Mitch x

Octavia VRS
not gay mate, depending if I keep my 1.4 I will prob go for a cheapish RS-1 or mk2. If I sell then a 182/197/225.

My mate who has had a lot of hot hatches inc an RS-1 and 182 and is now on his 2nd Evo is trying to persuade me to get a CTR/Integ/Impreza/etc. but I fancy an RS before I move on!

Golf GTI 1.8T
cheers for that patty! lol

yeah I just see it as general progression same as a lot of people on here have done. but he like 'f**k of, your so gay!!'

172 M69 eater
my mate said i was gay until i overtook his zr on the motorway at a ridiculous speed thast he couldnt keep up with ;) now he has respect lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
he says I should go turbo, but I'm only 19. I'm not that experienced in driving other cars tho.

Octavia VRS
patty said:
my mate said i was gay until i overtook his zr on the motorway at a ridiculous speed thast he couldnt keep up with ;) now he has respect lol
how can he s l a g you if he has a ZR?! pmsl!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
M1TCH said:
well I've decided to start saving for something new. I say something cos I would really love a new bike but come winter when I have enough money my mind will be set on a car lol.

anyways yeah so I said to my workmate today that I want a new car, I want a 172.
he was like youve got a gay, girly sh*tty reno, why would you want to buy another one. cos hes had some pretty nice cars ie. m3, mr2, LCR and now looking for a new M3, hes was like why dont you get a nice car...a Golf GTi or simialr. maybe something jap.

jap sports cars really dont do it for me and I cant drive anything that looks old, just have a right thing cars like that! eww

so the question stands, I really like the RS-1, think it has more character thant he 2's but am I just wanting one because that all I've really driven and I like being within this club?

Mitch x

LOL - and he called you ghey? Let me guess - his idea of the perfect Repmobile would be with 22" rims, blacked out windows and 500kg of ICE in the boot. Tell him to have a blat in a 172/182 and then ask him to find an equivalent car for the same money.

Probably the same kind of person who would buy a bog-standard 3-series with feck all options for £20k, rather than consider a 2nd-hand V6. Badge snobs. Make me piss. :rasp:

D.

I think its just because you're used to the clios. Lots of people go from the slow clios to the sports. Same as on the Pug forum, lots of people go from Quiksilvers to GTis.

Be brave, make a change!! :D

Chocolate Bar™
to be honest though, at the mo for the money you pay your cant really beat the rs-1, another option would be a vts, slightly cheaper and prob just as fun to drive

Nissan 350Z
M3's are fast, but boring. I've known several people who've had them, downgraded to hot hatches and say they have more fun.

M3's are fast, but are afflicted with the lack of soul that seems to affect german cars.

FWIW I've never had anyone call me or my clio "gay". Maybe its because most know I'd wipe the smirks off their face the first time I come across them in it ;)

Monaco Blue Mk2
Get the chav image with saxo though. Can't beat the RS-1 for the power/speed at that price, age and with the equiptment it comes with. IMO of course. He's the gay one mate.

you could have had a blast around in mine had you have asked Mitch.

i went from the 4x4 to my 172 early last year, and have enjoyed 16 months of mixed driving, on roads and on tracks.

One of the most enjoyable parts of owning an RenaultSport is attending the RS Trackdays, they're awsome fun and let you learn the car to its full! :approve:

havent you herd the saying "people who are unsure of there own sexuality often call other people gay" so hes the gay 1 lol. RS all the way mate 172 cup for me next, got a dynamique at mo.

Golf GTI 1.8T
by gay I think he means, girly/stupid/pointless etc!

fubs would have loved to, never driven one and Garf172's was the first one I'd been in, other than that only been in a 182 trophy.

I cant think of much better for the price that they are at now, but he seems to think a Gof GTi would be good.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Hey m8.. if you want one, get one.. dont worry about what he thinks! Gay..? he had an
MR2 for heavens sake!! I had a RS1 before the 182, and tbh, much prefer the 182, far nicer car to drive. the RS1 didnt handle quite as well, though i'm sure someone will dispute that.. just my opinion. Either way.. RS1 or 2.. i'm sure you wont be dissapointed.. enjoy!!

tiTTy & SV650
if i was to buy an RS clio again I'd buy a mk1 172 and colour code it, add mk2 rear lights and bumper and turinis.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
go for a 172 phase 1! then when you save up enough money,get the baby turbod! by bbpt!!! you test drive mine if you like !

mitch, the problem with the golf Gti is... only the really early ones, and the really new ones are any good. The ones in between were nothing special at all tbh.

Mitch get a ph-quick :approve: like everyones said for the price your getting alot of car, you could have took mine up the 0-60 if you had said something at the fcs, save up untill next year and buy mine hehe

Iceberg 172
You posted this in the wrong forum. You know the answer you'll get from here.

I'll try my best to be unbiased and just explain why i chose RS. Much like yourself I am a young driver (21) and i didnt have a great deal of cash to spend (around 5k). I'd never driven anything particularly powerful on the road before so I knew any mildy performance car would be great for me. I scoured autotrader and the like for about 4 months trying to decide on what to buy. Scoobys, celicas, mr2's and even old rx7's were on my list of things to look at. Every single one had something i wasnt that keen about. The mr2 looked a bit dated and i wanted something more modern, the celica just didnt cut it as standard, the rx7 would prob need an engine rebuild, the scooby would prob end up being a dodgy clocked import... So when my friend started saying he wanted a 172 cup i went through the usual motions of 'fag' and 'girls car' saying that i wanted something more substantial on the road. However when he pulled up the first time (even though his had problems from purchase!) i loved the look of the car and started looking around for one. I had a look at the stats and it seemed to be quicker accel than the other cars in the same price/age range. About 2 weeks later i found one and made an offer the day i went to see it. I couldnt be happier with it. Sure there are more powerful or more eye catching cars on the road but the ones in the same price range will probably be on their last legs or will look 20 years old. I cant see you regretting buying one, you can always just keep it for a year and look for something better after that but i doubt you'll be able to get much more bang for buck considering your age.

P.S. ph2 look much better so nerrrrr :p

al

ST on the way...
M1TCH said:
by gay I think he means, girly/stupid/pointless etc!

fubs would have loved to, never driven one and Garf172's was the first one I'd been in, other than that only been in a 182 trophy.

I cant think of much better for the price that they are at now, but he seems to think a Gof GTi would be good.

Definately got for a Ph-quick! :)

Golfs are gay!

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Craig172. said:
Mitch get a ph-quick :approve: like everyones said for the price your getting alot of car, you could have took mine up the 0-60 if you had said something at the fcs, save up untill next year and buy mine hehe

wouldnt want ure reg getting taken down by the marshalls for 3 drivers eh ;) lol

Mustang, S13, AX GT
could always stick with the 1.4 and build up your cash/no claims and get something your hearts well and truly set on. man if you want the clio you want it, if you dont you dont. if you're not sure wait until you are, then go looking for a sweet one

Clio Sport 2.0 172
Jap cars no good inside, Clio have his individuality, talking about *gay cars- sraight cars*- bullshit!

Yamaha R6
patty said:
definately... get a ph2 ;)

lmao..

182 for me at the end of the yr.. thank fook.. was itching to get on track sunday..

I do like the Ph1's though.. Carbon Copy's for me is one of the nicest cars on the whole club full stop...

Street Triple R
Ive been lucky enough to own quite a few quickish cars, ive had a couple of Evos and Imprezas etc, but honestly none of them are as fun and involving as the hot hatches, Which is why I want another one :) Honestly the best cars ive had have been the Clio Cup and a Saxo VTS...both fantastic

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
dont rush into uber fast cars.
The insurance will be a killer and i think people need experience in slower cars before they go feet first into crazy car world.
rs1 is a good choice ..tho id prob go for an mr2 or mx5.
Get some rwd experience on a low powered car.