ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amazing-1.2 in theory beats Porsche GT2

Lupo Gti

ok you may need to hear me out a little on this one...!

Firstly going on talk of these forums i have deduced that a 1.2 mk1 clio could keep up with a porsche GT2!

ok from reading on here and a little of my own interpretation a porsche GT2 isnt much faster than a GT3, this said GT3 is simlilar straight line performance to a normal porsche carrera 2, right a mitsi evo wouldnt be far off the pace at all of a porsche carrera 2...! we all no that the mitsi evo and subaru imprezza have been in competition for years, so a imprezza is similar in terms of performance to an evo, this impreza is similar in terms of performance to a cup....(well so the general jist goes from some of the topics i read).Some have said a well driven williams wouldnt be far off a cup...! following on from that, a good 16 valver would keep up with a williams. A Vts is almost identical to a valver, we then read from some forums that a modified VTR really isnt all that far off the pace of a standard VTS, realistically a modified VTR wouldnt beat a standard one convincingly..so we can agree in the whole scheme of things they have similar performance..! Now back to clios, i have read of such people that have managed to stay with and in extreme circumstances beat a VTR in a 1.4 RT! And i know for a fact that a 1.2 mk1 clio has kept up with my RT!

SO to conclude all you 1.2 owners, everytime you see a porsche GT2 , have a little giggle and think yeh i would give you a race and YES we would be equal, but i dont wanna waste the petrol..!

LOL!

You could have saved a load of the saxo stuff at the end, freds 1.2 is faster than a cup through the twisties!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not really a driving tale though is it ;)

Personally I would still go for the porsche... looks nicer :D

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

see what trouble 1.2 drivers go to to convince themselves they have a fast car ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

LOL! Cmon we do need the encouragement! The 172 Boys and Gals bully us!! :(

BMW 328 Ci

Does anyone else find that the phase 3 multipoint injection 1.2 8v (not mark 1 single point) gives out quite a nice whine, as if it has a turbo?

lol

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 03 March 2004

Does anyone else find that the phase 3 multipoint injection 1.2 8v (not mark 1 single point) gives out quite a nice whine, as if it has a turbo?

lol
Probabaly your alternator bearings;).

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by skiddusmarkus on 03 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Mack on 03 March 2004

lol
Probabaly your alternator bearings;).

Or your wheels finally starting to move!!!! LOL :D

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Well there seem to be a whole lot of "...will just about stay with a..." which sounds fine but add up all those "...will just about stay with a..." and youre looking at one mutha of a slaughtering:D

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Lanky_mos on 03 March 2004

i have read of such people that have managed to stay with and in extreme circumstances beat a VTR in a 1.4 RT! And i know for a fact that a 1.2 mk1 clio has kept up with my RT!
when i had my 1.4RT engine in my Clio, id keep up with a VTR until 80, after that, for some reason, they always simply flew past me like i wasnt there

Just showed my boyf this thread and he fell off his chair laughing.... he has a 911 GT2 and i have a wee 1.2 clio. He has just challenged me to a race ...... wil let you know the outcome, could be a close run thing ;) Aye, maybe if he promised not to come out of 1st gear.

Lionel Richie

172s (yes inc CUPS) are slow!!! *throws down gauntlet*

Anyone wanna challenge this statement come to the anual Cliosport York dragway event in the summer!!!! I want to upset some CUP owners!!!!:devilish:

Lupo Gti

yeah sounds good guys! no reason why u shudnt have a go!

this thread was meant as a joke so take it light heartidly!

and dont do drugs!