ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AMD Fanboys

Better than yours. C*nt.
AMD fanboys,

Do any of you have any idea if there's anything on offer in the mid-term future to try and stop the Nehalem rampage that currently is?

Ta.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Must admit I like my 9950 2.6ghz Quad Core Black Edition lol... Should be able to run it at 3.2ghz or 3.4ghz when I finally get my watercooling system up and running. Previously had a AMD 5200+ 2.6ghz Dual Core & never had any problems.

Just wait for next year and 2011 when AMD are set release 8, 16 & 32cores ftfw :). Although why we need all these cores I do not know... Seems abit overkill tbh imho.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i'm guessing you are talking servers here!

The new DL385 G6 has just been launched and it is using 6core processors, was trying to get out of hp how they compare to the intel G6, no chance though, they are totally agnostic and won't comment either way.

The intel are kicking arse, and so will the amd.

I think its got to the stage now though were these things are just so damn fast that unless you are putting tens of vm's on each one, you aren't going to see any benefit anyway in reality.

Better than yours. C*nt.
so you've seen the benchmarks for that vs the amd 6 core then have you........

AMD won't have released something which is slower than the intel, they never do.....

But I can't actually buy it.

When I can buy it, I'll consider it. Until then, it can stay in Wikipedia.

dk

911 GTS Cab
But I can't actually buy it.

When I can buy it, I'll consider it. Until then, it can stay in Wikipedia.
i can sell you one tomorrow if you want, istanbul is in the DL585 G6, available now.

I can tell you though, raw performance, the 7460 still wins, but at the expense of running a stupid amount of power, they run at 175 watts i think peak, whereas the amd will bring in nearly similar performance with 75 watts!!!!!!!!

AMD are all about performance per watt, and its something our customers are always asking about now, lots of people go for the L intel proccessors now when buying blades to keep the power and heat down.

Better than yours. C*nt.
130w for X7460.

Not bad for a previous generation of processors - which is what you forget. The 7400s are the outgoing Intel processors.

i'm guessing you are talking servers here!

The new DL385 G6 has just been launched and it is using 6core processors, was trying to get out of hp how they compare to the intel G6, no chance though, they are totally agnostic and won't comment either way.

The intel are kicking arse, and so will the amd.

I think its got to the stage now though were these things are just so damn fast that unless you are putting tens of vm's on each one, you aren't going to see any benefit anyway in reality.

Link Here:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cpu-memory/news/2009/04/23/AMD--12-Core-CPUs-Coming-Early-2010/p1

Not a Clio
Must admit I like my 9950 2.6ghz Quad Core Black Edition lol... Should be able to run it at 3.2ghz or 3.4ghz when I finally get my watercooling system up and running. Previously had a AMD 5200+ 2.6ghz Dual Core & never had any problems.

Unless you've got very poor airflow you can get those speeds on air.

TBH I was just using the standard heatsink lol. My Mo'board is Asus Crosshair and was wondering if anyone knows of any decent Overclocking programmes?. Can't use AMD Overdrive as I tried installing that before, but got a message saying it only supports 7 Series Chipset & mine is 5 Series.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Just wait for next year and 2011 when AMD are set release 8, 16 & 32cores ftfw :). Although why we need all these cores I do not know... Seems abit overkill tbh imho.

I'm pretty sure that my AM2 6400+ Black Edition is more or less maxed at 3.2Ghz. I so much as fart in the general direction of an overclock and it BSOD's or reboots like a b**ch.

Quite a few posts on the 'net suggest the same. It's perfectly stable at 3.2Ghz, but nothing else. Still, it was only around £90 when I bought it and it was a very noticable improvement over my previous 4800+ CPU, so I can't really complain.

D.

dk

911 GTS Cab
130w for X7460.

Not bad for a previous generation of processors - which is what you forget. The 7400s are the outgoing Intel processors.
then why did i read that that processor uses up to 175w!

7400 isn't outgoing really, its current.

dk

911 GTS Cab
and this is such a segmented thread, half of us are talking about server processors, the other half pc's, get your own thread boys ;)

Better than yours. C*nt.
then why did i read that that processor uses up to 175w!

7400 isn't outgoing really, its current.

Westmere is replacing it in a little over 6 months, so it's outgoing.

And you can read what you like - Intel's book for it is 130w, and the 7455 is 65w. Which is less than the AMD one!

You're on to a loser here - although I admire you for actually believing all the marketing s**t you send out. ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Westmere is replacing it in a little over 6 months, so it's outgoing.

And you can read what you like - Intel's book for it is 130w, and the 7455 is 65w. Which is less than the AMD one!

You're on to a loser here - although I admire you for actually believing all the marketing s**t you send out. ;)
I love people like you, c**ks who think they know it all, you are my hero!

6 months dear, is a very long time in the processor market, not outgoing at all! Its only just bloody been released, the 6 core, in relative terms.

and FYI, the X processor can use 'up to' 170w!!!! (ok i had remembered it 5w out!) - and this is according the intel. The quoted system builder figure is its general usage (the TDP)

Model Max Power (W) TDP (W) Cores Clock L3 DBS
X7460 170 130 6 2.66 16 Yes
E7450 125 90 6 2.4 12 Yes
E7440 125 90 4 2.4 16 Yes
E7430 125 90 4 2.13 12

E7420 125 90 4 2.13 8

L7455 85 65 6 2.13 12

L7445 65 50 4 2.13 12

and LOL @ market stuff I send out, WTF, i'm a technical consultant and installation engineer, i'm as far from marketing b****cks as you can get, i'm installing this s**t more than you have hot dinners, its my daily job, my life.