ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

American MBP

Is there any difference in a US and UK MBP?

Anyone know if you have the same warranty and are able to get applecare etc?

Golf GTD
Don't know about the warranty but I'd imagine the keyboard will have a US layout rather than a UK one. (Smaller enter key, different position @)

Yeah i dont think the keyboard is too much of an issue. Macs have the "american" @ key anyway. Think the main differences in the keyboard will be the £ key. I take it you can still get a £ on an American key board?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
macs all have the same keyboard layout... i doubt the warrantee will carry over when brought back to the uk... but everything else is fine... call apple and ask.

say you are travelling to america for a few months and will buy one out there and when you return will the macbook be covered here....

-
This is what im hoping to do in the next month or so. Im working in the states at the moment and im itching for a MBP. Quite a shade cheaper here too!

Now Sold :-(
Apple warranty is worldwide. When my UK MB power supply bricked while I was in the US just took it to the apple store in Atlanta and they replaced it there and then. They just plugged the MB into their system and knew exactly how much warranty was left etc. Imagine the same would apply the opposite way around.

Rav4
Whilst being at the genius bar in regent street, twice of my many occasions, they turned away someones iPhone that was purchased in America and an iPad too. I don't know why the reasons where, but both in warranty.

I personally have been to the new york store and changed my charger, no issues, in fact, I would say even more polite than normal.

The keyboard is different in the US but a minor issue, considering the amount of money you are saving.

Personally, I would buy it!

Gabi.