ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

American muscle....appreciation thread.. post ur faves

A Flamin' Red one
tn_shel2-L.jpg

h.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
There no replacement....

Jeep SRT-8 if fuel was cheaper in the UK i'd have one in a shot!

Monaro VXR
^^ 4th pic down

Immense - Richard Petty 440 RT Charger - worth an arm and a leg ( not as nice as the 68 69 70 model but very valuable )

Not a 440. It's a 426 Hemi. I would love a 426 powered charger. Unfortunately I dont have £100k+ to buy one.

Never above 25mpg
Love street rods but imagine they must handle like a wet trout after being punched in the face on anything other than a straight?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I know I've probably posted this video about a million times now, but that noise :D Should be in any thread about american muscle even if its a rat rod...
[youtube]2Omj6zxtIB0[/youtube]

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Not a 440. It's a 426 Hemi. I would love a 426 powered charger. Unfortunately I dont have £100k+ to buy one.

£100k? Never in a million years. I guy in the states recently had a 426 shortblock conversion and vortech blower done for under $35k, including new transmission, new transfer case, brakes, the works.

PH1 172
Love american muscle cars and one day I would love to own one. Yes they may handle poorly but the noise, the rawness etc is just so good and immense!!

wallpaper-mustang-eleanor.jpg

69CamaroSS_1.jpg

1319_71cuda_f34.jpg

fast_and_furious_dodge_charger.jpg

1972_dodge_challenger.jpg

Just to name a few....

Bumder With A Buffer
I know I've probably posted this video about a million times now, but that noise :D Should be in any thread about american muscle even if its a rat rod...
[youtube]2Omj6zxtIB0[/youtube]

Thats f**king immense :)

Monaro VXR
£100k? Never in a million years. I guy in the states recently had a 426 shortblock conversion and vortech blower done for under $35k, including new transmission, new transfer case, brakes, the works.

Think you should look up again at how much a properly restored original 426 Hemi goes for.

$200,000+ is the going rate. Anyone can go out and buy a crate motor and stick it in an old charger. It isn't the same though.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
This would be my ride if i had $250,000

http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/904552.html

Theres a tale about the Hurst Super Stock Hemi Dart which circulated the Drag racing scene in the states back in the 60's. Car and Driver magazine were test driving a brand new Black Hurst Super Stock Hemi Dart for a feature in there magazine when it was stolen from outside there offices by a car thief. A few weeks later the car turned up 600 miles away on a drag strip painted in grey primer with 383 badges. The thief was arrested and the car recovered. Needless to say the car had totally cleaned up at the drag strip and beaten some highly respected cars and drivers several times over. Top man !!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you own one of these you could sell it and retire from the proceeds - 1964 Ford Thunderbolt 427

ford-thunderbolt.jpg

100 were made and they ran 11's straight out of the factory - one recently went for $1,6000,000 at the barrett jackson auctions

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
dunno bout the viper, moving away from the token muscle look too much for me, like it as a high performance car, but not as a muscle car

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Yeah but it follow American Muscle principle, 8litres of powaaa as opposed to the usual supercar recipe of 4-5litres of power and no weight.

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
fair point... with muscle its mostly about the look for me... when i say mostly i mean slightly... u gotta have a loud big lump up front

JB

RB 182 Cup
Not sure if this will work as I'm on my iPhone but:

[YOUTUBE]GMc2RdFuOxI[/YOUTUBE]

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Cant believe I've not posted a superbird...
43petty.jpg

1970%20Plymouth%20Superbird-R.jpg

ludic-superbird.jpg

pic01.jpg

06_race.jpg

;) They aren't the prettiest cars ever, but they were a f**king brilliant idea from Plymouth when it came to the NASCAR.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Gotta love vipers, ultimate yank tank for me. always been a dream car dispite the worlds worst interior!