ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp door speakers vs underfloor sub

2004 Clio Mk2 1.2
Hey guys, new here to ClioSport so please excuse any mistakes I make. Just wondering what would improve sq more; amplifying the door speakers that I've got or to introduce an underfloor sub to the car?

I have a 2004 Mk2 Clio Authentique. Here are a few details about what I currently have / haven't got:

• So the headunit I'm rocking atm is a Sendai CD789 :dapprove: (which came with the car and will do for now, but I'm definitely going to upgrade that sometime in the near future. The manual says it puts out 20W RMS continuous power.
  • I have kept the existing front speakers as the already sound pretty decent imo (I took them out and checked, they are Blaupunkt 202 with dash tweeters). I'm not sure if these are stock speakers but because of the good sound quality it makes me doubt that they are.
  • The car didn't come with rear speakers and so I put in a pair of Vibe Slick 5 Component Speakers (80W RMS), with tweeters in the C pillar.

Now here's my question: Would putting an amp that chucks about 100W RMS per channel (continuous power) be worthwhile (I only say this as it's the current speakers are significantly under-powered, with them only being fed 20W compared to the 80W potential)?

I am trying to go for the stealthiest look as possible, I want the speakers to be heard rather than be seen! I want good quality sound (balance between low's, mid's and high's) as opposed to a boy racer thump that would come from your conventional sub that will drown out the door speakers, because of this would you guys advise with an underfloor sub? I've read some seriously mixed reviews about these, with some saying that they exceeded expectations and others saying that they just aren't worth the money).

A full sized sub is out of the equation btw.

Let me know if I missed anything out!
Thanks in advance! :)