ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp keeps falling off

I had an amp put in for me last month, and it has been screwed into the back of one of the rear seats as can be seen on the left hand side of the picture.

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/harlandncl/images/40600020webpage.jpg

The only problem is, there is only the fabric to screw into, and with the vibration and movement of the car, the fabric wears and then the amp comes loose and falls down. I was wondering whether the seat cover can easily be taken off, so I could put a wooden board inside and then screw into that?Have any of you got any suggestions of what I can do to sort this out.

Thanks

[Edited by Steve_H on 23 March 2005 at 8:05pm]

500bhp Scoob

i just used self tappers that came with my amp, drilled pilot holes, and actually screwed into the metal back, behind the fabric on mine.

Da

Less

unzip seat cover, insert wood panel and screw amp to it thru material. Zip up seat, job done mate!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by Mole on 23 March 2005

i just used self tappers that came with my amp, drilled pilot holes, and actually screwed into the metal back, behind the fabric on mine.
Thats cos yours is a mk1, mk2 dont have that

I did wonder whether the cover was a zip on, and if it is, does the whole seat back have to be removed? I had a look around before posting last night and couldnt find the zip pull itself, then that made me unsure if it was a zip or merely a stiched seam??? Is it definitely zipped?

Da

Less

As far as I know yeah mate, some people on here have done it in the past. Although i havent got a 172 so cant be certain.