ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp power cable

MK3

Dynamiqueee
How do i get it inside the car from the engine bay? I've read through god knows how many threads, and looked at the guide on here, but can't seem to find an answer. I've heard people struggle fitting 4awg through the grommit behind the glove box and i have 2awg cable. Are there any other options? Or am i just going to have to drill a new hole? Thanks

Focus ST170
Best advice is either drill a new hole in the gromit or try and force a screwdriver through the gromit then thread some small gauge wire through from INSIDE the car to the engine bay, then tie this round the amp wire and pull back through to the inside of the car..

JJS

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Ooops, i thats the grommet i was talking about. I havn't seen it myself, but i'm going to take a guess and say this cable isn't going to fit through.

The bonnet release gromet mate, in the passenger footwell basically.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Thanks mate, as i said i havn't had chance to have a proper look at it yet. I'll have a look in the morning and see what can be done.

If it comes to it, does anybody know if there is there space behind the glove box to just drill a new hole and put a grommet in? Sounds like alot less hassle.

Best advice is either drill a new hole in the gromit or try and force a screwdriver through the gromit then thread some small gauge wire through from INSIDE the car to the engine bay, then tie this round the amp wire and pull back through to the inside of the car..

JJS

Clio 182
I managed to fit 4AWG through the bonnet release grommit but it was seriously tight.

No chance fitting 2AWG - just drill a new hole :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just drill a new hole in the passenger footwell if its not gonna fit, no need to try and get behind the glove box, you can get a new grommit in there easy then.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I'm not really bothered where the new hole will be. Was just thinking that behind the glove box would be a bit higher up, making it easier to get to from the engine bay

Just drill a new hole in the passenger footwell if its not gonna fit, no need to try and get behind the glove box, you can get a new grommit in there easy then.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I just drilled a hole in the passenger footwell like everyone suggested. Just because where ur hole comes out and its not into any tanks lol.