ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp power lead

I,ve just tried looking for a hole to feed the amp power lead from the engine bay. I found 2 holes in the passenger footwell, but these are to tight to run the wire.

Has anybody actully fitted a amp powerlead without drilling any new holes(mk2 172)????????

ICE'dberg MK2 172

If you follow the bonnet pull cable it goes into an elongated hole quite high up the passenger footwell. It goes through a rubber grommet which is enorous compared to the cable, however you will not get any thing like amp cable to go through the grommet. But dont dispare because if you pull out the grommet the hole it leaves behind is large enough for at least an 80amp cable. Dont worry about water getting in either, as so far mine has been dry. Dont forget to insulate the cable against rubbing....you dont want to start a fire!!!

Unclip the power steering reservoir and the pipes a bit further down and move it out the way so as you have more room to manouvre, pull the carpeting away from the bulkhead so you can get your hand down behind it and get a mate to pass the wire from inside the car and you should eventually feel it after a bit of wiggling. I have got the bonnet pull cable, 80Amp cable, alarm cable, 20Amp cable for head unit all going through this hole with plenty of room for some more.

Oh and you will lose a bit of skin!!!

Good luck!!!

I got mine through the bonnet release grommet without having to take it out! It was only a 60amp cable right enough!