ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp wiring on clios 98>

Just to help people with any problems that they may be having with getting a amplifier power wire form the battery to the boot.

I, with a little help from my dad did this in about an hour (not knowing where to go to start with...!)

Id read somwhere that the best place to go through would be under the windscreen washer so we decided to go under that.

PLUG WIRE INTO BATTERY LAST

1. siphon all water out of washer bottle

2. take off both windscreen wipers

3. take off black tray thingy from bottom of windscreen

4. get one person to put ignition on and move wiper mechanism so there is the maximum gap for the washer bottle to come out (you will have to IMIDIATLY turn off the ignition when other person says stop).

5. unplug and pull the washer pump out of the bottle (just pulls out upwards).

6. you will see a clear plastic tube that goes down into the car interior (can be seen from pasenger footwell as well) and goes to the rear wiper. unplug the 2 tubes from the pump and blow through the pipe that goes into the car until it has all come out of the rear washer-you wont want anything to get wet...!

7. pull the rubber protector that goes round the pipe out of bulkhead and remove from the pipe altogether (you will want this to go round your amp wire).

8. pull pipe into car interior (thats why you blew through the pipe...!) drill a hole/enlarge the existing hole and push rubber sleeve over amp cable-some WD40 can help you get it over larger cables, or even some KY...! (could be very nasty if it were to get snagged and short out...).

9. then basicly it is up to you what you were to do next but using some silicone sealant or mastic once you have replaced the pipe and cable on hole to stop leaks is STRONGLY advised.

10. cable tie amp wire over rubber sleeved wiring loom towards battery and:

11. put all things back in reverse order (reset wiper mechanism as soon as you have replaced washer bottle-wiper position when you put them back on will be a pain...) the tray will sit slightly high on the cable but it wont cause any harm (plastic and rubber).

Cable can be tucked up under the door trim all the way to the boot.

hope this helps you all.

let me know how you get on with it if you take my advice.

I did all this with a 10mm diameter wire (60 amp)

msnow2@postmaster.co.uk