ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp Wiring Problem

I dont really know much about wiring and amps and stuff like that, but i took my amp and sub out of the car today, and when i disconnected the wires leading from the amp to the front of the car, the two bare wires touched and there was a big spark. Could there have been any damage done?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Hopefully you have the main line fused as close to the battery as possible, if no fuses blew then you are

A) lucky

B) dont have it fused

c) have to high a fuse in it

Either way you should be okay, a quick short circuit like that would only really affect electical circuts, and wouldnt do any damage to wiring itself. You should be okay though. Be carefull next time ;)

How exactly would I be able to tell if there is any damage done? The car seems ok but ive not put the amp and sub back in to the boot to test them...