ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amping front and rear speaker help

Audi S3 225

Hey, I’ve just bought a 4-way amp to power my front and rear speakers but I’m having trouble getting the power cable to the battery and getting the speaker wire to the front speakers.

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find the place where everyone puts the power cable. At the moment I have a fusion amp and sub in boot and have the power cable going through a hole my m8 drilled in the passenger footwell.

Also how the hell do I get the wire to the front door speakers, do I have to take the whole door card off? I hope not, I have bought some new slightly thicker speaker wire, could I just find the speaker wire in the car not the door and connector block it to the new wire?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thx Allan

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Theres a guide to doing the power cable here (even tho the pics dont work at the moment): http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=141000&PagePosition=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=5&TopicID=141000&PagePosition=1

As for the speaker wire, theres no point buying better quality wire and then just connecting up to the existing stuff. You want to run it right from the amp upto the speakers, this will involve pissing about with the connector block that link the wires from the door into the car.

I havent tried it on mine but in my mk1 I just drilled out a couple of holes in the connector and pushed the cable through. Be warned tho, its not a fun job.

Nike Lunar Elite's

If you are already running a powerlead to the boot just get a distribution block to split the power between the 2 amps, thats what I have done and it works just fine. Ive gota mk2 ph1 too and swear that the grommet everyone talks about isnt there on mine, I had to drill in the footwell too.

The only way to get new wire into the doors is to drill through the blocks. I attempted to do this but found that you would need to take the doors off to get access to them with a drill. I had to cut up the ISO adapter and tag the wires off the amp onto these.

Audi S3 225

Thx for the help, I’ve managed to get the other power cable through the footwell hole just got my biggest drill piece and drilled a massive hole. Everything’s connected up now except the speaker’s aren’t running off the amp yet. The back ones will be easy but still can’t work it out how to do the fronts.

Hydeyho can ya go into a bit more detail with the iso adapter and blocks plz, not sure I understand, sry m8. All I see is a black rubber thingy which I assume the wires are running through from the door to the car, how do I get into this?

Thx Allan

Audi S3 225

Hi, ive also got another question, with the amp powering 2 sets of components will I need 2 sets of rca cables as i only have one set and thought that it would work ok.

How will the headunit work out which are front and which are the rear speakers??

Anyone know?

Thx Allan

Nike Lunar Elite's

The black rubber thing is what you need to remove the doors for to get access to it. On the back of the headunit where the outputs are fed to the speakers, you need to cut these and attach the feeds from the amp, so the connections out of the headunit are no longer connected to anything and just need insulating. You will need an rca lead for each output (ie front and rear), you could just use a Y splitter but this would just split 1 output, so all speakers would just play the front / rear output. Its obviously better if you have 2 rca cables.

Audi S3 225

Thx man, ill have a look in the garage im sure ive got a spare rca set somewhere, ill give the front speakers a go, if i cant do it il post back.

Thx Allan

Nike Lunar Elite's

No probs it took me ages to figure out what wires were for which speakers. Renault had the clever idea of making the front and rear speaker wires the same colour :cry: I just had to keep trying them till I found the correct ones.