ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Announcement- Please Read

Pug 306 GTi-6

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 24 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 24 May 2005Well, its simple, we are all sick of the bullsh*t and the moaning, we are trying to run a CAR CLUB, not a p**n website, a dating site, a hot or not site, a f4k3 gay chat forum, or anything else, just a car club...

K and W have been on the recieving end of some persistant abuse, and I dont blame them, they put in their time for free, as do we all.

We talked about shutting it completly a few months ago and said if it didnt improve we would bin it. It is now on the last chance for all of us, this is why there have been no new memberships, no new website live, despite it being finished, and all the persistent moaning just hasnt helped.

no tow, it goes. SIMPLE.

It is now EVERYONES responsibility to make their voice heard when people start moaning... You like the way it is - make it clear to the MINORITY that everyone else is entiled to tell them to like it or lump it.

/y0z[/QUOTE]

i take it the above is a load of bullsh*t then as roamer and yoz2a are saying 2 completely different things!!

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 24 May 2005

who ever takes over should run the forum how they want it, if anyone whinges (unless its a good case) ignore it, if they dont like it go elsewhere! simple. if they keep whinging, ban em. - now can we have driving tales back please please please (oooops banning me not included) :devilish:
I think youll find that this was the way that WKD were running it - only they werent banning people because they hoped it wouldnt come to that, plus the fact that banning one person would mean that their supporters would have then kicked off even worse rather than just go "Oh, ok, I see their point, fair enough." And those who didnt like it werent going elsewhere but were pushing and pushing against changes they didnt like.

So, as Telford Mike says, whoever runs it next is in exactly the same situation.

IMO anyway...

Quote: Originally posted by Bazzeray on 24 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Day on 24 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 24 May 2005Well, its simple, we are all sick of the bullsh*t and the moaning, we are trying to run a CAR CLUB, not a p**n website, a dating site, a hot or not site, a f4k3 gay chat forum, or anything else, just a car club...
K and W have been on the recieving end of some persistant abuse, and I dont blame them, they put in their time for free, as do we all.

We talked about shutting it completly a few months ago and said if it didnt improve we would bin it. It is now on the last chance for all of us, this is why there have been no new memberships, no new website live, despite it being finished, and all the persistent moaning just hasnt helped.

no tow, it goes. SIMPLE.

It is now EVERYONES responsibility to make their voice heard when people start moaning... You like the way it is - make it clear to the MINORITY that everyone else is entiled to tell them to like it or lump it.

/y0z

i take it the above is a load of bullsh*t then as roamer and yoz2a are saying 2 completely different things!!

in what way are we saying two different things? we both are saying that people need to be vocal about the club and that the minority will have to like it or lump it, and that this is THE LAST CHANCE - if it goes sh*t it goes......

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I think he was refering to the fact that y0z said the new website was finished.

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 24 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Bazzeray on 24 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by Day on 24 May 2005Quote: Originally posted by y0z2a on 24 May 2005Well, its simple, we are all sick of the bullsh*t and the moaning, we are trying to run a CAR CLUB, not a p**n website, a dating site, a hot or not site, a f4k3 gay chat forum, or anything else, just a car club...K and W have been on the recieving end of some persistant abuse, and I dont blame them, they put in their time for free, as do we all.

no tow, it goes. SIMPLE.

/y0z

in what way are we saying two different things? we both are saying that people need to be vocal about the club and that the minority will have to like it or lump it, and that this is THE LAST CHANCE - if it goes sh*t it goes......

oh ok gotcha the website comments.... yes the site is ready, but the user data isnt, the transfer of user and membership data isnt simple by any means, but it is something Im going to start working on this week.... wait and see.

THIS CAR CLUB SHOULD NOT DIE BECAUSE OF THE MINORITY!!!

We should all stand up in one voice to make the minority realise that there are a lot of people that are still enthusiastica bout the club. Simple really, If you dont like the way that it is run, then dont become a meber or make useless comments that end up making to lovely people who gave aup a lot of FREE TIME leave due to the hassle.

I, for one appreciate this as a CAR CLUB and the info I gain off of here is invaluable. It is a great loss to see you both go, but I totally understand and back your decisions. The rest of us need to push out the whingers and re-establish this car club as the best car club around for us with clios

Dan Hawkins

Renaultsport 220T

Well said Dan!

It is a shame that Wayne and Karen, have decided to stand down, just cos a few people were giving them grief. If people just want to have a winge, then do it constructively, not personally. And if it is such a bad place, then leave. Good luck Roamer, and everyone that puts their time and effort into run this club.

:D

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 23 May 2005
Sorry to see you guys go but maybe a new broom will clean all the sh*t out and start over.....Might get less polishing and more performance posts and then Ill renew my membership.

Yeh, thats what we need, a nice balanced view.

Only discuss what im interested in.

I personally couldnt give a sh*t about performance posts, but i dont go whinging about them.

BTW, good luck to both of you.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 24 May 2005

Well said Dan!

It is a shame that Wayne and Karen, have decided to stand down, just cos a few people were giving them grief. If people just want to have a winge, then do it constructively, not personally. And if it is such a bad place, then leave. Good luck Roamer, and everyone that puts their time and effort into run this club.

:D
PS, its Kathy mate!

Elise/VX220/R26

Faaaaaaaaaaaar to much politics on this forum. If a minority are pissing pff people in charge of the club then why not ban them? Instead of allowing all this bickering all the time just ban them and remove any threads so the forums not full of bitching threads locked by mods.

If its meant to be a car club not just a forum then members should abide by a strict code of conduct. If your a golf club member you would get banned if you go up to the captain and pull his trousers down or something. Why should this club be any different?

Its no wonder cliosport is the laughing stock of car club forums when theres all this carry on all the time. Ive been a member for 2 and a bit years and all you ever see on here is little cliques having goes at other little cliques. sad. sort it aaaart!!!

Itd be a huge shame to see such a huge car club disappear on account of some keyboard commandos.

Personally, I think you should raise your membership fee and make more of this huge and basically good forum accessible by members only. Harsh and perhaps a touch discriminatory, but itll lop off some of the riffraff leaving a higher ratio of actual enthusiasts...

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 182WRC on 24 May 2005
Opps, so sorry Kathy! :oops:

Best wishes, and good spot Dave!(y)

thanks, oh and its David!;)

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 24 May 2005
Faaaaaaaaaaaar to much politics on this forum. If a minority are pissing pff people in charge of the club then why not ban them? Instead of allowing all this bickering all the time just ban them and remove any threads so the forums not full of bitching threads locked by mods.

You mean like if it came down to keeping the club going or simply removing this minority for good? Would the majority of club members support such an action?

Very drastic, but it is one idea I suppose.

as i said in a previous post (which has disappeared), problems here were nothing to do with W & K but other in a heightened position (i guess thats why it was deleted)

sadly with the same people running certain aspect i can still forsee problems on the forum in the future (not you roamer nor admin teams)

Quote: Originally posted by DC2DAve on 24 May 2005

Itd be a huge shame to see such a huge car club disappear on account of some keyboard commandos.

Personally, I think you should raise your membership fee and make more of this huge and basically good forum accessible by members only. Harsh and perhaps a touch discriminatory, but itll lop off some of the riffraff leaving a higher ratio of actual enthusiasts...
Could be a good idea but most would prob still pay the fee just to show off. just ban them completley is the only option that come to mind. shame certain people feel they have to show off to get there own way kinda reminds me of spoilt kids!

Gud Luck for Future Wayne and Kathy

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Just like to add my best wishes to Kathy & Wayne. As said before its a real shame a minority can have such an effect.

thanks for all your hard work

Craig

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by James on 24 May 2005
Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 24 May 2005Faaaaaaaaaaaar to much politics on this forum. If a minority are pissing pff people in charge of the club then why not ban them? Instead of allowing all this bickering all the time just ban them and remove any threads so the forums not full of bitching threads locked by mods.

You mean like if it came down to keeping the club going or simply removing this minority for good? Would the majority of club members support such an action?

Very drastic, but it is one idea I suppose.

I would yeah. If this forum is an extension of the club, not just another internet forum it should be entirely paid up members only and when you sign up you agree to behave yourself in some sort of a responsible way when your on here. What exactly do people who are not club members contribute to the forum??

What exactly do people who are not club members contribute to the forum??

Id actually already be a member if the facility was there at the moment...however, I try to give help from the other side of the dealership service desk where I see people on here having trouble ;)

I know where youre coming from though.

The forum I spend most time on is a Honda owners one and wouldnt be a bad model for you to follow - its not club run, its provided by one of the members. It HAS got an (unjustified, in my opinion) reputation as being run by hitlers due to post deletions, and the odd ban however Im very sorry but this has helped to make it the fantastic technical resource it is, as well as a generally friendly place.

thanks for all the good / nice / positive comments guys/gals - shame some of them werent voiced sooner and a bit more support shown earlier - it may never have come to this then - however, PLEASE CONTINUE WITH THE SUPPORT FOR THE ADMIN TEAM AND THE MODERATORS - THEY NEED THE SUPPORT sometimes it is very hard to continue to bother when people are sl*gging you off

Kathy

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 24 May 2005

as i said in a previous post (which has disappeared), problems here were nothing to do with W & K but other in a heightened position (i guess thats why it was deleted)

sadly with the same people running certain aspect i can still forsee problems on the forum in the future (not you roamer nor admin teams)
Its on http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=8&TopicID=162252&PagePosition=1this thread, not been deleted.

Can you PM me your reasoning, Im interested.

Black 182 + Recaros

Id be happy if you made this a paid only site and also increase the price.

That would help eliminate some of the dead wood.

like i said in another post the downfall of this forum will be its success. It seems a bit drastic to just walk away from a community that you have put so much time and effort in too.

making it paid only would solve problems, i would be paid up, but cant at the oment as the service isnt up. I know FordFocusOwnersClub is paid members only and from what i know of it, its a good club/forum, you can still read it if your not a member but cant post.

Nothing...

As long as the site keeps going, it doesnt matter who runs it. People just need to realise that and stop getting so personal. I dont blame you one bit though. Good luck guys and enjoy your freedom!

[Edited by Ratty on 5/24/2005 8:24:34 PM]

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by MattyMarsh on 24 May 2005
Id be happy if you made this a paid only site and also increase the price.That would help eliminate some of the dead wood.

why would the price need to increase? as it stands at the moment us paying members are contributing to all these freeloaders pissing our admin team off!

Black 182 + Recaros

Strictly paid members only. Read-only for non-members may also work.

Perhaps doing this would avoid the need for a price rise. But I always thought the price was too low anyway.

Ive not been a member here for very long, so I dont pretend to be qualified to comment, but I will try and give my opinion. This might be a long one!

Firstly, its a shame that Wayne & Kathy have decided to move on, and I for one respect their wishes. But thats happening so...

Ive been closely invloved with 2 websites. The first one I was an writer/moderator, and it was hard work being a writer forum user AND a moderator. Almost impossible to remain friends with the majority. The second site I actually owned the domain, and it was so much hard work that I evetually gave up entirely.

Forums are a funny thing. The more popular they get, the more trouble seems to be stirred up, but yet the more stable forums are quieter, and far less fun. There isnt a way around this rule, which says that the more users you have, the more personalities will crash.

If I may offer my opinion, Cliosport ISNT just a car club...thats the whole point. It has a prospering online community...a forum populated by all types of people who might not get on in a real life scenario, and might not ever meet. The line between club and site is blurred.

Some of them will never meet - most of us have different ideas about what is, or isnt, good reading. Some people start complaining that thread x is boring, or thread b is insulting, yet they still read...the complaints grow, and so do the responses. People get pissed off, yet they often forget that the alternative is a quiet forum. Its entirely normal that as a forum gets more popular, trouble stirs, and eventually it gets closed. Then.......those that were complaining suddenly realise that they needed it, and are bored without it.

So you reach a point, where as the forum community grows, the mods have to increasingly clamp down. I can utterly understand that things change - websites dont just appear - they require constant attention. There are always people behind the scenes tweaking this or modifying that. Things break, servers go down, things have to be fixed. I would imagine the vast majority of users here log-in and have a quick read or retort, and then log-out without a second thought of the effort and the work that goes into providing them with that service. Im guilty of this as much as the next man.

Software is an issue too. There have been comments about banning people. You cant just ban people. Your forum software has to support real banning, and theres all sorts of considerations - static/roaming IP address, web based or static email address etc. You need web savvy people to help with tech issues...Id doubt any of the admins here are code crazy web geeks, so again it all comes down to hard work.

Ive been a victim of two web communities crashing and burning, but I like to think Ive now found a new place to be when Im sat at my PC, so lets hang out and chill out. To the guys complaining about certain things...consider the alternative.

Much respcet to everyone involved in the running of the site. I for one know how much work it can involve, and Ill certainly be taking that into consideration more from now on.

Peace out :)

Elise/VX220/R26

Roy - I agree with most of what you say Im not a techie so I dont know whats involved in banning people.

But Cliosport is NOT an online community. Cliosport is a car club. From the CS homepage "cliosport is a unique car club for all clio enthusiasts"

The forum is a means for members to communicate with eachother and share technical information, its not a community in the way that say pistonheads is where anyone can stumble on the site and start posting. To be a fully active member of the forum you have to be a club member. I think this is where Cliosport falls down. sometimes clubs need to keep out the riff raff. 90% of posts are made by full cliosport members so I personally think that loosing the non members is not going to be a great loss to the club. It might be to the forum but the forum is not the important thing here, the most important thing is straightening out the club and ensuring it carries on. Viewing the club as a forum is where I think a lot of CSs problems lie. IMO CS should be a club with a forum, not a forum that happens to have a club.

It would be a crying shame if one of the biggest car clubs in the country down the pan because of the politics of its forum.

Clio 197

As far as Im concerned, the club should make and stick to its own rules: Stand-up and be strong.

I paid for my membership, to be part of an existing club... I will not try to change it, or claim to have any cliosport rights.

If I can offer ideas or feed-back, then I will.

If and when I do that, I hope to have a diplomatic and civilised discussion about the matter without it being spoiled by bad language/attitude/communication. This doesnt always happen, and is part of the problem IMO.

This is a very popular club, and I trust its based on what people generally want... but... it is impossible to please everyone 100% of the time - thats real life.

Dont let a few people spoil it for the rest of us.

Best of luck guys.

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 24 May 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 23 May 2005

Sorry to see you guys go but maybe a new broom will clean all the sh*t out and start over.....

Might get less polishing and more performance posts and then Ill renew my membership.

Yeh, thats what we need, a nice balanced view.

Only discuss what im interested in.

I personally couldnt give a sh*t about performance posts, but i dont go whinging about them.

BTW, good luck to both of you.

Hang on your whinging about not whinging......

Good arguement.

Go and polish your car and stop talking sh*t.

Its a shame that Slugger is leaving, hes a decent bloke and will at least try to answer questions constructively... still think you change your mind and do what we talked about pal, that will bring it back into its former glory days ;)... come on, you know it makes sense!

browno

ClioSport Club Member

Sorry to hear youre going W & K,

Ive not been a member long, but have picked up a lot from being around (tend to read much more than I post!). This is a great club, lets not lose it!

I think the stand and turnout at FCS this weekend will bear testament that this is more than just a forum, but a large car club with active members.

Thanks W & K (& Jas before!) and all the admin team for building a great club - lets hope you can see how good it is on Sunday...

pah, get rid of off topic, its 100% sh*te... someone even went as far to take the time to photo their room up and discuss it at great lenght... how this has any place on a car forum ill never know! lol

CJ

Blue ph1 172

Surely the point is, if I want to know anything about my car I come on to one of the forums and discuss opinions etc with people. If I then happen to become friends with them I dont use the forum to chat, I private message them or e-mail them.

If I want to b*tch about life I go on a radio 4 phone-in and if Im not happy with the way the club is run I leave. Simple really.

(By the way Im perfectly happy with the way the club is run)