ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport Saturday Welshies **Please read**

Fiesta ST-3
Ok for some reason there seems to be some issues at foot so I'd like to nip them in the bud and get everything sorted.

Earlier today Robs convoy post was removed.

Hi Rob

I appreciate your effort to start a thread for the convoy details to CSS but would prefer you run it by myself in future.

CS have area reps in place to do this job. There is an area rep forum where all the arrival times and events times are relayed down and discussed before threads created. Unfortunately your arrival time to the event did not comply with what the admin had in mind and so was deleted.

If you could leave the convoy details down to me that would be great and I look forward to seeing you at CSS.

Scott

well no offence here scott at the end of the day i aint here to make enemies i think you should know that, but after you didnt show up after 3 of us making the effort to be on time for french car show we didnt want to take the risk of wasting another day , i had more than 4 people asking me what was happening so we got together yesterday and made plans and i put it up at all of our requests if this is how its going to be then a couple of us i think after this event will drop out of cliosport as nothing gets arranged for wales hence why i thought i would make an effort to get a good few up there i didnt realise i would cause problems for anyone and i,m sorry if i have

Ok no problems Scott, The 5 or 6 of us that made those arrangements will stick by them and we will see you up there
If you turn up this time !!

Rob

It seems that a few members seem to be unhappy with myself as area rep. I would like to apologise for not making an appearance at FCS and leaving you guys in the lurch by not turning up, I genuinely thought I had stated I wasn't attending due to personal issues.

I think that is slightly unfair to hold against me... on one occasion.

Secondly it's mentioned about the lack of meets. I agree its been quiet, but with all the car shows I've been mindful to setting up meets to get a greater attendance for FCS and CSS. This said there was a meet organised for a RR day and meet in Swansea and there was very little interest shown and scrapped. Before that there was the Mumbles meet, Brecon drive out meet and Bridgend meet.

On top of this I am one rep to the whole of Wales. I can't please everyone.

I therefore will remove myself as area rep.

Before I do please use the details below to get to CSS. This is not the official convoy details as I am no longer the rep. But I will be travelling via the following details if anyone would like to tag along.

myCSS Travelling arrangements

Leaving Junction 33 at 7.30am postcode (CF72 8SA) Moto Services Jct33
Stopping at Jct 24 at 7.50am postcode (NP18 2NX) Premier Inn Jct24
Leaving Junction 24 at 8am to travel up to (CV35 0BJ) CSS

Those are my travelling details. Anyone wanting to join me your welcome to. Anyone further west that wants to travel to Cardiff together drop me a PM :) And the 6 mentioned in Robs post your free to carry on or join me. I have no issues and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Just to clear up any confusion. I deleted the other thread.

These types of convoys for events we want the reps to be doing for various reasons and it's something we've been discussing for months. Scott probably should have had it sorted before now but it's here now.

Try and get along together guys. Arguing with each other and a continued case of oneupmanship will never work.

Cheers

Suzuki Jimny
Scott, i'll be going up the M50 because it is much more direct for me, i'll see you there then :)

R

robclio182

Scott, i'll be going up the M50 because it is much more direct for me, i'll see you there then :)
Thats the way i planned originally cause theres 2 other members who wanted to meet at stresham services to !!

Octavia VRS LE
il probably be going in hodgins's car so im not to sure if he has made arrangements....

R

robclio182

il probably be going in hodgins's car so im not to sure if he has made arrangements....
Yea we were suppose to meet you in stensham , you , dicky and hogins but i dont know whats going to happen at moment mate

Octavia VRS LE
okay no worries i was talking to dicky and adam the other day thats all. il get my ticket booked and will be all ready then

R

robclio182

okay no worries i was talking to dicky and adam the other day thats all. il get my ticket booked and will be all ready then
Mention to hodgins for me as well i aint going to trax now but i still have a free run up the strip which i havent claimed from Voltz in the FCS if he wants it

R

robclio182

M50 for me less mileage on the old girl. Rob I'll see you at yours and go from there
Yea no probs , Scott is going the m4 way so we still have to stop for Owen (junction 30) and then straight up to hodgins, keechy,dicky up the m50 same way as last time

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
I take it Scott wont be coming back the M4 as you have to pay to get into this country hahahaha absolute farce hahahah

Focus RS + S3
scott mate, theres no need to 'step down'
nothing has changed, just as it was getting closer to the date, Rob thought it would be a good idea to get some arrangements sorted, we all know what our section is like trying to organise something lol and i was going to post a thread asking whats going to happen.

lets try make some arrangements which will be best for everyone and after the show season im sure we will have some meets organised etc, come on guys big effort!!

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
NEWPORT TUNNEL EASTBOUND CLOSED FOR ATLEAST 4 DAYS, as of today.

SINGLE LANES ON WEST BOUND CARRAGE WAY

Dont know how bad this will affect us, signs saying take the A465 (heads of the valleys)

hello all its been a while since i wrote anything and just wanted to say hello and hope you all enjoy your day on saturday

Focus RS + S3
NEWPORT TUNNEL EASTBOUND CLOSED FOR ATLEAST 4 DAYS, as of today.

SINGLE LANES ON WEST BOUND CARRAGE WAY

Dont know how bad this will affect us, signs saying take the A465 (heads of the valleys)

you drive past my house basically lol

Octavia VRS LE
take heads, up to monmouth? thats the way i normally go to that way of the country, i aint too sure what the best route is thou,
some sort of fire in the tunnel wasnt there?

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Think they now have a one lane contraflow fo the westbound traffic going through the eastbound tunnel, so will obviously slow us down, but we can at least get through.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Meh I got the sides mixed up (im new in town) haha.

Odd question but what time does it finish?? I'm not going straight home the missus is coming down Sat night and shes getting a lift to Dudley so I'll be going there for 7pm. Have a feeling i'll be in a services having a kip for an hour or so (maybe even a roadside w*nk :approve:)

hey guys, I went to K-tec yesturday to have the Meg re-mapped :D and have been through the tunnel to get there, its one lane in and out of the one tunnel. if your going that way you need to add another 35mins to your journey coz of the delays, other than that it wasnt too bad.

Last edited:
hello Hodgins thanks very much, you should of flagged me over lol,

Hello Matt im really enjoying it, im attending Trax with the Meganesports.

Focus RS + S3
hello Hodgins thanks very much, you should of flagged me over lol,

Hello Matt im really enjoying it, im attending Trax with the Meganesports.

Ill see you at trax then, have a chat lol

I was in my mates car, i told him to pull up next to you but you prob think we r weird lol

57 Clio Campus Sport
Hey I don't suppose you guys are taking the shortest route through evesham and past stratford? AKA M5 - A46