ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying body imperfections...

It always depresses me when i give the clio a good clean only to be reminded of various imperfections (as an 04 plate its getting on a bit i know but seriously winds me up) its mainly the parking dents that do my head in.. Now should i just accept that a cars bodywork is never perfect or shall i pay to get them removed... Decisions decisions..

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you plan to keep the car, and avoid car parks where you may get more dings then go for it if you have the cash.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
What annoys me Is having a full front end respray to get rid of stone chips only to have some arse key the fresh paint... Lol don't worry about it mate just make do with it.

See both of you are spot on which is why i cant decide.. I know its a waste of money but the car is in such good nick it spoils it.. O i dunno seeing my mates flawless 225 next to just further highlights my panel celulite and makes me want that same flawless finish :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mine has quite a few dents/ dings that's to be expected on a 9 year old car that's done 137k though. Sometimes I think about getting them removed, and giving the front end a respray, but cannot ever see that happening TBH.

bg 182
i have a Black gold '03 182 one of the first i believe and its only done 58k inside the car is mint, the outside though like yours has several small dents which with it been bg shows up like a b*tch! i also want my front offside wing sprayed and my skirts as its got a scratch running the length of it and stone chips etc. im getting my dents removed as soon as iv changed the cam belt and then my alloys referb then ill be happy but im slightly OCD and scracthes and dents drive me up the wall. If you can live with it then save your money if your like me get saving those pennies! :race:

There's a horse shop by me that sells all sorts of coloured cones keep some in your boot when you park take them out and out them in slaves either side of your car hehe.

( please note this is just a mere laugh not to be taken seriously, only at your own risk should you choose to do this and have haters keying your car instead)

Nick

RB 182 FF cup pack
My car didn't ave a single ding on it until last year! went to an out of town superstore and as usual i parked right out of the the way! i,m talking like ten clear spaces away from any other f**ker!! yet when i came back out some c**t had slung there door against mine i was gutted! Has happened to every car ive ever tried to keep tidy. What does it take to be a little careful when opening a car door! You cant educate pork!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
do you live or regularly park were you will get more? if not get them done, if it's a high risk of happening again just wait. I owned my 182 over 6 years from new and never had 1 dent in any panel. bodywork was immaculate when I sold it

Previous owner of my car dinged both doors and the roof.. everytime I wash the car I see the huge ding in the roof, so annoying. At least I don't have to worry about more dents in the doors, they're already f!#ked. :D

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Im in the same boat, the car paint is flawless bar the front bumper, no stone chips but there is a nice scrape on the side of it, it annoys me because its the first thing i alway see when i look at the car, I'm not sure about getting it done because of the cost involved

Yer thas thing like u guys i tend to park furthest away (much to the annoyance of my lazy passengers) and yet i seem to be jus getting more :/ im so ocd about this stuff wish i wasnt but its so f**king annoying. Omg one time in the summer was parked up in the car and with plenty of spaces around me, this s**t box micra parks nxt to me and the divvy b**ch opens her door straight into me and just sorta mouths sorry all embaressed, people r just so careless.

Do what my mate did with his focus rs and just take up 2 spaces:rasp:

Lol traffic wardens dont like this though..
Anyway been doin some thinking about at and as im getting a few new bits for me car i think im gonna get it done, will get a trade price of £25 per panel which is reasonable ;)

Titanium 182
my car when cleaned and waxed looks immaculate from just about a foot away, maybe less, but like most cars when you get up close and personal you're bound to find little imperfections! If you pay to get them sorted they will only reappear unfortunately. I would always get eye catchers removed like deep scratches and dents but little stone chips and maybe the off tiny little dent etc I would just get along with it, like you said it IS an 04 plate now and they will innevitably pick up marks, at least you can be happy with the fact the car is getting driven and enjoyed rather than stored to keep it perfect lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got my entire car resprayed once... parked down the seafront a couple of days later and the council's gritter was out in the winter and covered my fresh paint in stone chips! Like, hundreds of them. I actually tried suing them :eek: but ultimately, I got no where. Wouldn't bother again I don't think.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've got loads of dents in mine :( , not all from car parks though . The lastest one was from a stone thrown up on the motorway . Gonna get em all taken out when the weather gets better and its had a good wash n polish .

bg 182
£25 per panel is good, aslong as the company is good at it ofcourse, i was quoted £75 for the first panel and £30 for the others . i also have a knock in the door right on the lip, left of the handle will probably have to be filled in and sprayed plus i have chips down both edges of the door, bg car and white primer not good combo

I got my entire car resprayed once... parked down the seafront a couple of days later and the council's gritter was out in the winter and covered my fresh paint in stone chips! Like, hundreds of them. I actually tried suing them :eek: but ultimately, I got no where. Wouldn't bother again I don't think.

That is utterly horrendous i bet u were mortified as i would be :mad: how did essex council defend themselfs its an sbsolute piss take...

£25 per panel is good, aslong as the company is good at it ofcourse, i was quoted £75 for the first panel and £30 for the others . i also have a knock in the door right on the lip, left of the handle will probably have to be filled in and sprayed plus i have chips down both edges of the door, bg car and white primer not good combo

Lol what were they thinking with the primer?!

Yer hes great, does all my uncles cars in his dealership (bentleys etc) hense the trade price ;)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
I have a couple tiny door dings from car parks, and thought about getting them removed but then was reminded how it's only us owners who really notice them. Save the money for fuel money!

bg 182
if only i were you :p
my body defects really annoy me when i polish my car but as funds are a little low due to needing ne tyres and new cam belt combo i dont have the pennies :s:banghead: