ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying noise coming from back of 182

Clio 182
Hi

I've have had a 182 since new in 04 when they first came out. As long as i can remember there has been an annoying knocking sound coming from the inside of the back of the car. it annoys me so much that i've asked my girlfriend to drive while i sit in the back and try and figure out where it's coming from. I thought the nosie might be coming from the rear window so i placed some pressure on this and it stopped for a bit but then carried on. It might be the parcel shelf so i took that out but the noise was still there.

Any sensible suggestions welcome or has somebody else had this and cured it?

Cheers
Rob:S

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
rear bumper loose?
the plastic on the inside of the boot (bit with the handle on it)?

Megane dci 130
Try putting some thick grease on the talegate lock. Newer models suffer from rattles from the talegate lock.

Describe the noise? I had a noise from the boot area once so I opened the boot removed plastic cover to access boot lock and noticed that, I think there are 3 spines which connect inner boot to outer boot, which are sort of stuck on, one of these had come loose on my 182 so fixed it... The noise was a metal pinging noise..

Regards

Rob.

Clio 182
Thanks guys i will look into your suggestions over the weekend.
I have cured one annoying rattle. Some how and i know it's no an easy thing to do but the front passenger seatbelt gets turned the other way round through the clip. When the belt is back by the holder the clip bangs on the side.:mad:

I hate all sorts of rattles in the car! least i have got rid of this one.

Cheers
Rob