ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying problems

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Having a few problems with my 02 172ff, it's on 55k, all services have been done when they should.

So here it goes...

problem1: exterior temp sensor is allways indicating 25-26c°, although its freezing outside.

problem2: fog lamps don't work anymore and the light on the dash for them doesnt work either, checked the fuse inside the car but that's fine.

problem3: this is really annoying, between 3,5 and 4k revs there's a resonating metally sound comming form the engine bay area, thought about the heat shield, but that seems to be nice and secure, not wiggly. It does it allways, when accellerating, decellerating, keeping it stable

problem4: when standing still and turnig the steering wheel from left to right and back left again (never on full lock) there's a small knock comming from the right front wheel, steering is crisp though, never wobbely, and i don't feel it through the steering wheel either.

the last 2 realy bugg me off, the other 2 actually too, i want my car problem free.
Hoping that CS can be of some assistance.

Greetz

problem 1 is fault temp sensor on the bottom of your passenger wing mirror, renault dont charge much to fix

Having a few problems with my 02 172ff, it's on 55k, all services have been done when they should.

So here it goes...

problem1: exterior temp sensor is allways indicating 25-26c°, although its freezing outside.

Try putting a hairdryer on the sensor and see what happens (cheap for a new sensor either way)

problem2: fog lamps don't work anymore and the light on the dash for them doesnt work either, checked the fuse inside the car but that's fine.

Dont know sorry

problem3: this is really annoying, between 3,5 and 4k revs there's a resonating metally sound comming form the engine bay area, thought about the heat shield, but that seems to be nice and secure, not wiggly. It does it allways, when accellerating, decellerating, keeping it stable

It will be your exhaust or a heatshield for sure. (replace with SS system ;))

problem4: when standing still and turnig the steering wheel from left to right and back left again (never on full lock) there's a small knock comming from the right front wheel, steering is crisp though, never wobbely, and i don't feel it through the steering wheel either.

Dont know could be a multitude of things

the last 2 realy bugg me off, the other 2 actually too, i want my car problem free.
Hoping that CS can be of some assistance.

Greetz

good luck you may nbeed to take it to a trye garage to have the steering looked at

Remove the cover and check the wires else its a new sensor get a multimeter and resiters to check if you want i put the resister temp gaueg output sesnor readings ages back. do a search if you want/need.

Check the wires they run down the passenger side of the car behind the scuttle panel.

Probably the mid section of the exhaust its a common issue a new center section is the fix but check for bad engine position ie it catching plus loose heat shields and worn mount etc.

Check the bolts which hold the rack to the body also the bottom ball joint also the CV joint and bsuhes and wisbones bushes plus the stearing arsm for play etc. also check yout top mount bush/bearing.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Allright, thanks a lot guys.
Will have a look at all the stuff mentioned, one question thouh, about the wires, my car is LHD, so are the wires on the drivers side then?

cheers

Allright, thanks a lot guys.
Will have a look at all the stuff mentioned, one question thouh, about the wires, my car is LHD, so are the wires on the drivers side then?

cheers
Yep sorry I should have mentioned that the few LHD members we have means i forget to mention it.