ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem fitting boss kit form K-Tec

2003 Cup 172
Problem fitting boss kit from K-Tec

So i've bought a Sabelt steering wheel and boss kit from K-tec, went to fit it and it all went well, then went for a drive and noticed some tension on nearly full lock and the occasional click, or perhaps crack. When I got home I take the wheel off again and notice that the boss kit doesn't actually fit fully into the slots for the circular plastic thing (the bit that cancels the indicators and holds the airbag and horn cables in place), so what had happened was that the wheel was turning around and the plastic thing didn't always turn with it - the result was that it pulled on the airbag connector and yanked it out of the plastic holder thing.

Here's a pic of what I mean:

IMG_0797.jpg

Should the boss be going the full way down so that it fits between the plastic slots?

Seems like such a simple thing and it all would've been simple, apart from this annoying problem.

I've noticed on the picture for K-tec of the boss that there's a plastic bit sticking out of the bottom of it - should my boss have that? (presumably that bit of plastic is the bit that slots into the circular plastic bit to make sure it turns with the wheel).

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Steve

Last edited:
  2003 Cup 172
Just went back and double checked the box, K-tec sent me the wrong one, they sent one for a clio 3, not my ph 2:

IMG_0799.jpg

Well that was a waste of an hour plus causing damage to my car, not impressed.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The customer concerned has in actual fact been supplied the correct boss kit from ourselves which we have verified here by cross referencing the part number of 615115 with our current stock on the shelf.
Unfortunately Oreca, and in fact most of France refer to a Clio 2 PH2 as a Clio 3 RS which does indeed make things a little confusing.

We have supplied hundreds of these bosses to customers all over the world and have fitted them to our demo & staff member cars with no such problems.
We have been in direct contact with the customer to try and establish why this particular boss is not fitting correctly and whether it is a fitting issue or a problem with the boss itself and we will do what we can to resolve the situation for him.

K-tec Racing