ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Annoying rattle

I've had my 172 for roughly 10 days and although she runs absolutely faultless there is some sort of rattle, it sounds like its coming from under the bonnet, it only sounds once above approx 3500 rpm and gets progressively louder untill the engine noise drowns it out. Once you let of the throttle it goes away though.

Has anyone had this before? I've checked for loose bits and bobs, heat shields etc and can't find what it might be :(

Any help/ideas are greatly appriciated.

Ben

Megane 225 F1
I had this on my 1.4. Couldnt find what was wrong until i replaced the airbox with an induction kit and now i cant hear it. Maybe the airbox not fitted properly?

Hmm, could be... It survived the 'shake it about' test but will pull it apart when I get chance to have a proper look.

Will be a good excuse to buy goodies for her lol.

Ben

Clio 172 Cup
Hi i also got 172 cup had this prob try lookin under nearside and u will see a twisted lower stabilising bar.....the rubbers on each end tend 2 wear with harsh acceleration.
Up rated versions on offer at Ktec racing or fat washer either end tightened alittle more than usual,it may work its just i thought...