ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

annoying squeak???

Fiesta Zetec
I have a 95 clio 1.4 RT, just as i take my foot off the accelerator I get a very annoying squeak but only just as I take my foot off

any ideas

Fiesta Zetec
am I right in saying that the cable should be tight when the pedal is fully down, is it easy to adjust?

Thanks

am I right in saying that the cable should be tight when the pedal is fully down, is it easy to adjust?

Thanks

easy enoug to check yep losness doens't matter so long as it slack when not under load and opens the body when throttle is florred

Fiesta Zetec
yeah theres a small amount of slack when just sitting still, seems to open up ok but if for example, Im driving down the road and I press the accelorator down then come off without braking (just come off the accelerator) theres a squeak underneath, if I press down then off then down then off it squeaks alot (obviosly just done this to exagerate the problem)

HELP

its only a small problem really but so annoying and its the only reall niggle I have with the car

Fiesta Zetec
Re: annoying squeak??? update

Right, Have now realised that when I park up, as I turn the engine off it makes a very similar squeak noise? any ideas

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
You'd be better getting a garage to replace the whole cable length. It won't be expensive from a local garage. ie. not Renault.

The throttle body can be lubricated with white spray grease, just make sure you don't get it everywhere... just on the linkage.