ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another aux belt kit question...

Clio 182
Hey all,

Purchased a 182 from an independant dealer (32k, 04 plate), now i asked them to change both the aux belt kit and the cam belt as part of the deal! In the manual, they've only stamped the cam belt bit saying 'full cam belt kit'...

...phoned up and they said "we done you asked"...hmm! With that, got straight onto the phone to K-Tec and booked it in to have the aux belt changed!

Had the kit (genuine Reno one) done yesterday, but the car is now making a god awful whining noise! Done a search on here, and as one member described, it literally sounds like i've fitted a supercharger!! Is it more than likely a dodgy tensioner...!?! Car's going back to K-Tec on Monday morning for them to looky into it, just a bit paranoid now something will snap on the drive down (Yeovil-Verwood, 40miles) :dead: :dapprove:

Cheers :)

Megane dci 130
If your concerned I'll take a look as Im only in Honiton. Sounds like it could possibly be a dodgy idler.

Clio 182
Sorry didn't get back sooner, had, well still got man flu so been dying in bed!! Cheers though, turned out to be a dodgy tensioner! All sorted now, can't fault K-Tec, really helpful!

Thanks again!!