ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another cup failing its mot !!!

Clio 172, BMW Mini
Hi all, yet again, another 172 cup has failed its mot due to rear brakes !!. I've found the link on here to the vosa document to give to MOT testers to give them an insight to cup rear brakes, BUT, all the links i've found don't work on the vosa site???

Any ideas where to get this doc from???

Clio 172, BMW Mini
Very low efficiency, normal for a cup... Also failed it on not having compensator rod attached, even though on his paperwork it said it should't have one. Muppet MOT tester, so want the doc to go back down there, and shove it up his ar$e !!!

Clio 172, BMW Mini
I've done a search on here, but all the links seem dead. Been on the DFT site, and it appears to have gone from there...

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Had the same problem. Failed a couple of years ago as he said load sensor missing a part, according to VOSA the cup doesn't have this part and there is a specific page in the MOT tester guide that shows a pic of the cup and tells them to ignore it. (can't find the page online tho?)

More recently my car failed MOT last week as the MOTer moved my sensor and it stopped putting pressure to rear brakes therefore handbrake worked, front brakes worked but rear was reading v low. I cable tied it back into position and got my brakes back.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
It's the MOT stations responsibility to test the car correctly. If you tell them they've done it wrong and they need to check it out, they should. If they don't, you need to contact VOSA. The test station can get in trouble for incorrect testing, similar system to points on a driving license.

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
I've had a look on VOSA and their "special notes" section only goes back to 2008, pretty sure it was it that section but obviously an older year

Looks like it was Feb 2006 as that is the old link that doesn't seem to be working

Suzuki Jimny
When I had a cup, I took the note along with me from VOSA and the tester accused me of forging it!

LY Megane R26
I told my tester before about the 172 Cup's failing on the rear brakes. But once I picked it up he said they where spot on and stop the wheels in the rollers, no problems at all. It had just had all new brakes all round tho:/

Hope you get it sorted!