ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another hid prob

Ph1 172
Hi guys,

Okay so fitted a hid kit to my ph1 172 this evening, all lights up fine and so forth, but it doesn't seem to project straight, the beam just seems to go out to TE sides and hardily any light up front.

Do I need to remove anything from the original head light ect?

Sorry this has probably been asked before and I've searched the club for nearly an hour but can't find anything that helps

Cheers peeps

Ph1 172
To be honest am not sure they the right figment bulbs, they don't fit in very well at all, what's the difference between H7 and H7R?

chumpmobile
f**k knows haha!

i would take the new one out and see if it has the same connections/shape as the olde'un!

Ph1 172
Think may have found the problem, the diameter of the first plastic ring is alot bigger than the one of the OE fitting, making the lamp not go in far enough, just ran a file round it to slot it in and it seems alot better, will do the other one tomorrow night and see if it helps :)

Clio 172, BMW Mini
The way I understand it, the dip beam or outer lamp is HB3 and the main beam inner lamp is H7 ?

Cheers Chris

2.jpg

HB3/9005 -----Dipped Beam

H7 (477) ------Full Beam

W5W (501) ----Side light

PY21W (581) --Indicator

H1 ------------Front Fog

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?497154-Mk2-Full-Bulb-Guide

hope this helps:)

the bulb in the "middle" of the headlight is the "dipped" which is hb3
the bulbnearest to the bonnet is H7 then