ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another immob issue for everyone to help with

Cro

Meg'd r27
I know... not another immob problem but can't find anything in the searches.

Just back from a 6 week holiday, left the car on its charger for the odyssey pc680 battery, sometime during that time the electric was tripped turning it off so the car went completely dead.

Popped the charger back on for a couple of hours there and tried to see if it would start, just getting a solid red immob light now!!

Doesn't turn over just goes completely dead on turn, no clicking like the battery is low just solid red light and nothing.

Checked the fuses and they are all grand, only have one key so trying the spare isnt an option. The key opens and locks no problem, and the toad alarm isnt a problem its de-mobilising no problems.

Any idea what it might be, could it really just lose the memory of the key from having no power for that long?

All ideas welcome, it literally was fine when it was parked up, wasnt touched just the battery went dead.

Cheers

Evo 8 MR
Is there no clicking noise heard when you turn the key to start from the left hand side on the inside?

Also you should hear the relay under the bonnet clicking when you turn the key back to off.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Sorry yeah the relay clicks on the turns but as far as turning the engine over... nada

Golf GTD Mk7
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?521774-Clio-won-t-start&highlight=

Sound familiar?

I've had it on clip and tech 2, both showing no faults (well no significant faults). I've still not had chance to check all the earths (so busy it's pissing me right off :mad:), checked pin 30 on the ecu and thats getting the correct voltage. Tried bumping, jumping.

I'm worried i've either clipeed a UCH wire while sticking a screw driver through the under glove box grommet to put my battery wire through, or the ECU is fubard because I cable tied it to the PS and Coolant reservoirs before I did Oulton. I'm hoping for another weekend of nice weather so I can give it a propper look. 5weeks off the road now :(

Da

Less
It shouldn't lose memory as they're coded to the car. First thing I'd do is change the battery in the key as you don't have a spare.

The key works on two systems, one controls the locking and the other the immobiliser.

Failing that try the decoder ring.

Clio
Not trying to make you worry but I left my car on a charger while I was away on holiday and came back to a burnt out ECU. No comms from the ECU when plugged in gave me the final nod to replace the ECU after a morning of checking absolutely everything. The immobiliser light was acting normally and it locked and unlocked and did turn over but no fuel or spark was to be had so maybe you have a different problem.