ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another knocking thread.

DCi 100
Starting tuesday, the car started to knock slightly from the front passenger side from what I can make out.

I hit a curb going 30mph or so pretty damn hard, pushing the car across a good couple of feet on monday though, most likely the cause.

Noise is mainly at low speeds setting off, and constant low speeds in a straight line. Although testing it on the path it occures alot more when the clutch is disengaged to when it's engaged. It's also somewhat of a rotating sound, doesn't happen at all when stationary.

Video:

[youtube]GgFku_t2WPw[/youtube]

Any ideas etc would be appreciated as want to get it sorted.

Cheers

DCi 100
Only got so little as I got lost to Nuneaton on the way to Gloucester!

No bird as far as I'm aware, it's just a guessing game for me as I know very little.

No idea sorry, do you not know a mechanic or someone?

On the other hand, I think ive played with you on Gears at some point :rasp:

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Could be anything, try jacking the car up on axle stands, take the front wheel's off and set it in gear. From outside see if there is any noise from ball joint, its a long shot but you never know