ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another Missfire question.

Clio 172
I know its been asked before but i'll ask again just to be sure.

Was out for a wee spin at dinner time and noticed that the car was struggling above 4k rpm, didn't think much about it until on my return to work it developed a major missfire and almost died and wouldn't take any throttle. I stopped and it idled fine but was popping when i gave it throttle.
Limped home and it seemed to clear abit.

It has a wee exhaust leak that i think maybe the Mani/Cat joint.

Just looking for some direction on where to start really.

Its a PH1 172 on an X plate only has 1 lambda.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Coil pack I would imagine, Mine popped and banged more once I had a hole on my exhaust welded up!

S2000 + E91 330D
i had a similar problem. turned out to be a faulty ht lead. mine would misfire like mad popping and banging. and was really hard to get it to move once stationary

V6 Exige, GTR R35
yeah along the lines of whats already been said,

could also be a rust plug top or anything like that. a place to start would be to pull the leads and spray wd40 in each plug cap - this removes moisture. do the same on the coil plug caps.

try that and see how it goes - if not its a process of illimination between coil pack and leads.

Clio 172
Thanks guys for the replies, Went and got some new plugs as on the way home it was on 3 cylinders!. Its now running better and no missfire but i'll be changing everything else mentioned soon as shes done 116k and i want it to reliable.

The plugs had seen better days the gaps were huge!.

I couldn't get Platinums so i got some 4 pronged Bosch jobs as a temp measure for now, should be ok?