ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another MOT question

182 Full of Fat
My 182 failed it's MOT today on the rear shocks. There standard cup shocks but are apparantly the wrong size for my apex springs. Never heard of this one before, is this usual to change the shocks for these springs?

Also failed on emissions (standard exhaust/cat)? strange.....he said an engine cleaner fluid should sort it, sound right?

A driveshaft gaitor needs changing aswell (is this the cv joint?)

182 Full of Fat
Apparantly when the car was on the ramp the springs fell out lol I said if the beam had dropped whilst on the ramp the springs are obv going to be looser than standard springs. God knows, i'll ring him now because I thought it was bollox. Sod paying £110for two new shocks when they're not needed.

E46 M3
Im pretty sure I read somewhere that its ok if the springs return to the normal seated position when lowered again but yours fell out so no chance of that! What would happen if you went over a hump-back bridge a bit quick?

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Only time I've seen springs fall out is if a chunk of the coil snaps off and you jack it up. Something aint right there :S

182 Full of Fat
not a clue then :s my shocks are pretty new so they can't be nakered. Springs are only about 3/4 months old and the coils are fine

It wasn't a drive on ramp, it's the ramp where it jacks up on the jacking points. Surely if the rear beam drops (whilst jacked up) the springs will become very loose. Confusing because I don't fancy wasting money on some more shocks if that's not the problem.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Only a few things it can be really, Either the springs are too short, dampers are too long or somehow your dampers are allowing more travvel then they should be. Or maybe the plates your springs sit on have sagged ? dont think thats possible though :) Maybe you could jack up the rear and post a pic ? See if anything looks out of place :)