ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another newbie wanting a 182

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hi there! Currently on the lookout for a 182 would like the Cup packs but I'll see what comes up! Currently drive a Focus 2.0 ESP but sooo looking forward to getting a 182! Used to drive a 106GTi and have been told the 182 is a thousand times better!

What colours do the 182s come in ? I do like the darker blue and inferno best but again we see what comes my way...

Anything I should look out for on a nearly new 182 ? Were there any recalls or problems that I should ask about ?

Many thanks,

Pete.

106 GTi
Welcome to CS.

Colour wise - 182 Cups

Inferno
Racing Blue

Normal and Cup Packed 182's the above Plus

Black Gold
Silver
Arctic Blue

and i.d colour (1500 quid option new)

Liquid Yellow
Petrol Blue

Lee

BMW M2C
As far as I know there haven't been any recalls, but they do have problems with the exhaust, engine mounts, strut tops and engine temperature sensor. None of these are major issues, and I'm sure the enjoyment you get from the car will more than make up for them, because to be honest they will happen!

All 3 of mine had had practically all of those problems, but I just keep coming back for me.

I had a 2.0 Zetec ESP as a company car for a couple of years back in 2000. Cracking chassis, just really lacked power.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Excellent, thanks for the quick replies.

Lee - thanks for those issues will bear these in mind when looking will try and get one from a renault dealer - thats the safest option.
Yeah the 2.0 ESP is a great car but a bit boring...bring on the 182!!!

Is there any difference in the three blues ???

RenaultSport Clio 182
Thanks for the welcomes. CS seems a nice place. Can anyone post up or direct me to some interior pictures of the 182 please, if possible...

Lee

BMW M2C
I've not really got any decent ones from my old 182, but the 172 was basically the same. The difference is the silver on the dash is solid on the 182 and the seat ventilation bits are backed with silver.

Here's the 172 interior: Link
Link

There's a few of the 182 here, but none of the interior really. Here and here.

Megane Mk4
There have been 8 recalls for the clio since 1999 (general on all clio models)
Click here to see -> AA RECALLS - CLIO

tbh I didnt think there was really any changes between the 172 and the 182, besides ESP control and cruise on the steering wheel, they're identical.

Take a test drive in one and find out for yourself how they are to drive.

Welcome to CS too :D

Andi

Boxster S
pete182 said:
Lovely example. How comes your selling up ?

Not using it enough and I'm spending all the time on the motorways, so I'm looking to get a diesel and an older hot hatch for the weekends.

It's a great car, but I can't afford to run it as a 2nd car.

106 GTi
MIne when I picked it up

Attachments

• P3010026.jpg
    P3010026.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 80
  • P3010027.jpg
    P3010027.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P3010028.jpg
    P3010028.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 73

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
There have been 8 recalls for the clio since 1999 (general on all clio models)
Click here to see -> AA RECALLS - CLIO

tbh I didnt think there was really any changes between the 172 and the 182, besides ESP control and cruise on the steering wheel, they're identical.

wider track on cup packed versions,(different hubs) wider tyres, better manifold...(to get the 182 bhp) and twin exit exhaust pipes

Take a test drive in one and find out for yourself how they are to drive.

Welcome to CS too :D

Andi

;)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
in fact you all must be on drugs, because inferno is clearly the best colour.

i'll take your sodding black gold and racing blue, and raise you this mofo: :D:D:D
CIMG1668e.jpg

RenaultSport Clio 182
Couple more newbie questions...sorry...

Firstly does anyone use GPS devices... I have a TOM TOM sat-nav and am worried that it won't work because of the heat reflecting windscreen....anyone shed any light ?

Also how does the auto lights and wipers work - do they just turn on by themselves ??

And lastly I hear there is no spare wheel - which sounds like a pain would it be possible to fit a space saver wheel somewhere ??

Thanks,
Pete.

106 GTi
I had trouble with my Road Angel and ended up with an additional Atenna on the rear shelf.

Autowipers are activated by one click on the stalk each time you turn the igntion on.

Autolights will come on as soon as the sensor deems its dark enough if they have been set to.

Full size spare will fit in the boot.

MINI JCW
pete182 said:
Couple more newbie questions...sorry...

Firstly does anyone use GPS devices... I have a TOM TOM sat-nav and am worried that it won't work because of the heat reflecting windscreen....anyone shed any light ?

Also how does the auto lights and wipers work - do they just turn on by themselves ??

And lastly I hear there is no spare wheel - which sounds like a pain would it be possible to fit a space saver wheel somewhere ??

Thanks,
Pete.

GPS devices do work but they do struggle to get the signal sometimes.

The automatic lights and wipers just work be position the indicator stalks in the correct position.

No spare wheel and you dont need one as there is a can of foam in the boot