ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another parrot kit problem.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Finally got all my parrot kit up and running, all wired in, all tucked away etc.

The back of the stereo gets so hot you can hardly touch it.

(Had a guy who says he installs them look at it, did a laser thermometer check and it hit 30, and he said this is normal?)

Also, the screen itself heats up quite quickly?

Is this normal then, or?

FF Clio 182
If it gets hot does it stop working. May be due to the fact we being having fairly hot weather recently, most things electrical get hotter than usual.

A.N. Other
When you say the back of the stereo, do you mean your head-unit, of the blue parrot box? (assuming you have one of those kits)?
The display does get a little warm with the brightness turned up. And some aftermarket stereos do get hot (some include include internal fans, they can get that bad!)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Hi guys, cheers for the replies.

I've been keeping it inside until today (because everything was hanging out and didn't want it stolen) so that rules the weather out.

It's the headunit, it gets too hot to even touch at the back.

Not just the heatsink although that is the hottest bit.

The parrot screen also feels quite warm.. I don't know, I'm probably worrying over nothing.