ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

another quick help needed about the rs tuner please.

clio sport 182
im trying to order one but really confused about the software i need to purchase aswell.
i have a 05 plate 182
th vin code is VF1CB220F33174641, what is the software that i will need to purchase with it please?

Evo 8 MR
You need to wait until you get the tuner connected to the vehicle via the RStuner software before you can do anything.

clio sport 182
no not yet i was ordering it this afternoon and read a post about getting my vin vf1 number to get the correct software but then ultra confusion when i came to the drop down sections underneath the rs tuner on the fast chips page.

You need the unlock coce by the sounds of things, get the tuner, download the software then just use that to send the code needed to Fastchip and Henk will sort you out with 8 digit unlock code.

Now Sold :-(
If you're buying new the only software you will need is the performance map. There is only one (i think) listed for the 182.
Once you get the tuner you may find you also need to update the ecu firmware prior to putting the map on but you can only confirm this once the RSTuner is connected to your car.

PH1 172
basically, you have to wait until you get your RS tuner, plug it in and when you plug it in it will give you details about your ECU, it is these details which will later determine which map you need to download,

for my dads 182, i had to in basic terms, upload an updated STANDARD map first which then allowed me to upload the performance map, this seems quite common on 182's so keep an eye out for it.

If you are talking about the RS tuner software to run on your laptop that is just downloaded from the fastchip web site.

clio sport 182
sorry if im confusing you all, when i try and order the unit itself it says below it about needing the software to match my vin code on the car which is VF1CB220F33174641 which is where im getting stuck. thanks

sorry if im confusing you all, when i try and order the unit itself it says below it about needing the software to match my vin code on the car which is VF1CB220F33174641 which is where im getting stuck. thanks

I see. You want the last one on the drop down list "Clio 2 CB22"
You are aware there is currently no stock so you can't order a new one from the site?

clio sport 182
yes i saw that yesterday but says they are bk in stock from tomorrow when i looked. thanks very much for your help with the vin code aswell.

Please note;

RSTuner is JUST A TOOL. Like a set of spanners. You have to be able and / or learn how to use it.
If you dont want to read the instructions and /or spent time with it, visit a local tuner that is specialized in Renault Sport.