ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another rough idler... but cuts out

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
Hi all another rough idle thread... but this is my 2nd 172 and is alot worse than my last one.

If I start car cold it idles fine while the ecu keeps the revs above 1k, as soon as the revs drop below 1k as the car settles it idles like it's aggressively cammed, and whole car shakes, when I pull off it's very hesitant below 3-4k, if I keep it going it clears

But sometimes when coming to a stop and going in reverse it cuts out, not all the time, but the car needs some revs to stop it stalling.

I run the car on vpower or momentum so its not the fuel. It's had new plugs, filter, and lambda recently so where next? I've seen about cleaning throttle body, and replacing map sensor? Are they common fixes or just a waste of time? There are no warning lights on either.

Wanting to polybush engine mounts but it shakes enough as it is
d84fbd9ad6f2097a1b49fa1e5b63049b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Evo 6 TME, Clio 172
Coil pack I reckon.
Could be coil pack, I'll maybe try one of them, don't want to throw parts at it unless I know or have a good chance of it being one, is there any way to test coil pack? Or is it just change and see if it works?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
An injector would have to be really bad for it to cut out

Pull each ht lead off of the coil pack when running, if it gets lumpier then it’s not that one. Do the same for the injectors too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Could be coil pack, I'll maybe try one of them, don't want to throw parts at it unless I know or have a good chance of it being one, is there any way to test coil pack? Or is it just change and see if it works?

Just take half and see how you get on.